Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2010, 22:04   #1
75inAustralia

Rover 75

Default 32Gb micro SD cards

Hi all,

For anyone that is interested i've tried a 32Gb micro sd card (Sandisk) in the Radioguy DVD/Satnav unit and it does work. with 11Gb of music it took a good minute for all the song names to finally come up. It does cut some of the song names half off but if you switch to other modes like radio and come back to SD card mode it will resume playing and same deal when you turn the car off and come back the next morning it will resume playing where you were unlike in iPod mode. I found it best to have everything arranged in directories by artist (forgetting another directory for album) so it shows on the left column and then song name will show on the right column.
75inAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 02:40   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75inAustralia View Post
Hi all,

For anyone that is interested i've tried a 32Gb micro sd card (Sandisk) in the Radioguy DVD/Satnav unit and it does work. with 11Gb of music it took a good minute for all the song names to finally come up. It does cut some of the song names half off but if you switch to other modes like radio and come back to SD card mode it will resume playing and same deal when you turn the car off and come back the next morning it will resume playing where you were unlike in iPod mode. I found it best to have everything arranged in directories by artist (forgetting another directory for album) so it shows on the left column and then song name will show on the right column.

Thanks for the feedback ! First one that I Have heard of that tried it .
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 08:01   #3
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

I'm new to this... I am in the process of of putting a lot of my CD's on an 8 gig card. So far a couple of dozen CD's and only used about 1 gig of space.

A word of warning though. I used Microsoft Media Player to rip the CD's and then found that the unit can't read MPF files. So I downloaded a free converter to MP3's and now the files work.

So what do people use to rip their CD's?

Edd
Old 7th November 2010, 08:38   #4
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Mr Edd ,in microsoft media player in options you can set it to rip straight to mp3 format.Open the player and along the top click on Tools - Options in the box that opens click on the rip music tab and set the format to mp3.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 09:10   #5
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Thanks Picky

WOW! yer learn something every day.

Edd
Old 7th November 2010, 17:35   #6
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Hi all,

Thats how I have done mine, makes it nice and easy. Also great to watch a music video when stuck in traffic
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 15:17   #7
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Hi all,

Hi,

Is there a file structure you need to use to get that much music ona card. I've been trying recently with a 16GB card and it says reading card for a few seconds, then the screen goes blank and it says STOP in the top left corner.

This was with only a few GB of music loaded. I'm guessing I've got a duff micro SD card if you have managed 11GB on yours.

Also, what speed class rating card is yours?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:18   #8
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Another question: How long does it take to load the 11GB of music before it started playing? I have about 5GB on a USB stick that I have been playing through the front port and it takes about 1 min to read that data. If I decide to use a lot bigger sd card, I'd be a bit anooyed if I had to wait 2-3 minutes every time I wanted to play mp3's.

It wouldn't be too bad if it was only when you first powered up the unit, but I have found that it has to read the data every time the USB function is selected. So switching from radio to USB would need to read the data all over again and you get another few minutes of silence. Is that the same on the sd card?

If it is, I'm thinking that it maybe better to buy a few smaller cards, say 4MB max and put a selection of music on each.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote