Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th February 2020, 20:35   #1
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default Frustration With Uneducated Work Colleagues

As a member of the old fffff's club I can have a moan, in fact at work, my tea mug is a "Famous Grouse" edition, so everybody knows who it belongs to.

My work requires knowledge of law and procedures which eventually could be presented for legal use. We deal with people from all walks of life and from many distant parts of the World. Health and safety is very important and providing solutions if flaws are discovered.

One of my full time appointed colleagues lacks courage and commitment, and I know it comes with his culture, he is a very nice bloke.

Of the two trainees at the moment one is a bit slow, and takes a bit of persuasion to get himself "in gear". The other, well, I know it's not politically correct to point out somebody's failings, but this guy is illiterate and clearly not well educated with writing, spelling, grammar or etiquette.

I have had to tell him to acknowledge people when given advice or comment. Without fail, he addresses everybody as "mate" and that includes professional people with whom he has never had any contact.

These people have all had the proper "training" and are almost at the stage of being allowed to go it alone in our field, yet the continued failings of these and others, I am really finding frustrating.

Maybe the time has really come for me to fully retire, as I must really be one of the most annoying complaining fellows in my Office. So many things that now annoy me, perhaps it's time to pull on my dressing gown and slope away.

Sorry to moan, but even the "wall" is now ignoring me.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote