Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th May 2019, 22:55   #1
jim_k
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Ford diesel 2.2L crank pulley advice

Hi,
Aside from my 75 diesel I also run an 07 plate Jaguar X-type 2.2L diesel. We drove it to Bognor yesterday to visit Butlins and to take the kids to the new pool they have built.

To cut a long storey short, we had a torrid drive home as the crank pulley started to break up (or the grooved rubber parts on it) on the way home. The RAC advised it was ok to drive it carefully home and we eventually got home at 11pm with the kids fast asleep after an epic drive home via rural roads to avoid the motorways. Was a relief when we finally stopped on the driveway. For some reason I can still smell the scent of burning rubber today!

So today I spoke to the guy who maintains my Jag and he said he'd fit a new pully, belt and tensioner for me. I looked on ebay and there are dozens of different kits available so a bit confused. When I asked my Jag mechanic which kit he'd recommend he recommended I didn't choose the cheapest kit which I think was £69 but he said go for the modified type?

Please can I ask if anyone can recommend a kit to me. I think the Jaguar X-type 2007 2.2L diesel was a Ford engine also used on Transits and Mondeos.

If anyone can advise I'd be grateful. Meanwhile the trusty 75 powers on as ever so I'm still mobile thankfully.

Best regards,

Jim
jim_k is offline   Reply With Quote