Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th March 2017, 18:50   #1
Ros3
This is my second home

Rover 75 V6 saloon (gone to the Rover garage in the sky), Mazda mx5 Phoenix.

Default 17 days in the dark, with no food or water !!!...

So about a month ago one of our cats went out in the afternoon.. Nothing unusual there, thing is though he did not come back... After about a week I had resigned myself to the fact that he had had an accident and you know these things happen.. The wife got the neighbours to check there sheds and such but no sign.. After 2 weeks the wife and the kids had also given up hope of him coming back and that was that.. Then 17 days after he went missing I was out working in the garden and guess who strolled threw the fence.. Our cat... Thin as a rake and very distressed... I have now deduced that he has been locked in one of our neighbours sheds for 17 days.. despite this neighbour telling us that they had checked... Fuming does not even begin to describe it.... Cats now putting on weight and back to normal...
Ros3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 18:57   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros3 View Post
So about a month ago one of our cats went out in the afternoon.. Nothing unusual there, thing is though he did not come back... After about a week I had resigned myself to the fact that he had had an accident and you know these things happen.. The wife got the neighbours to check there sheds and such but no sign.. After 2 weeks the wife and the kids had also given up hope of him coming back and that was that.. Then 17 days after he went missing I was out working in the garden and guess who strolled threw the fence.. Our cat... Thin as a rake and very distressed... I have now deduced that he has been locked in one of our neighbours sheds for 17 days.. despite this neighbour telling us that they had checked... Fuming does not even begin to describe it.... Cats now putting on weight and back to normal...
Thats a horrible feeling, not knowing what has happened and the worry and upset that goes with it.

So good to hear he came home and is making a good recovery, poor little mite.
Old 13th March 2017, 19:44   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

it may have been in a shed or house of someone you did not ask. our cat got trapped in a garage and the owners had gone away.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 20:04   #4
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

My mates lost their cat for 2 weeks. They were worried that 'Oliver' had been buried underground as there was new waste piped that where being dug. It was horrible for them. I popped by one day and saw Oliver and carried him up the flats back home (he would have made his own way) but they were thrilled. Someone must have fed the cat though thankfully.

As for yours Ros, I hope all is getting back to normal for your cat. He must be one strong cat!
Old 13th March 2017, 21:10   #5
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Glad to hear they are on the mend poor wee thing getting stuck somewhere for that long.
A bad show on the neighbours for saying they had checked if they hadn't of coarse could have been stuck somewhere else or didn't they venture far?
Old 13th March 2017, 21:32   #6
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

glad to hear you have your cat back they can venture pretty far so may have been trapped somewhere further than your local neighbours.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is online now   Reply With Quote