Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd August 2018, 14:32   #551
MWMan
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Navall Star IGO Navi out of memory

I have not used the Sat Nav in the Navall system for a while, but guess what? I needed it the other day and part way through booting up, it came up with a message "out of memory. Requested 2570130052"

Any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2018, 07:45   #552
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Press the reset button then try again.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2018, 08:23   #553
MWMan
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for the reply, I will give that a go.
MWMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2018, 20:24   #554
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
The radio reception is dire on my Star - but as a technical imbecile- could you give a bit more info on using your phone app.

I could live with 3000 stations - but it’s hard to cope with Radio 2’s signal crashing out to static when the old single din provided crystal clear radio reception with no dropping out

If I had my time again I would keep the old system and buy a simple phone cradle for my iPhone - I find iGo signal spasmodic whereas my iPhone google maps is stunningly reliable- as was my Tom Tom.

To be brutally honest - to only thing going for the Star is that it looks good.
1000 apologies for not responding earlier but I have just moved house and it is not something I intend to do again anytime soon, have just started the recovery !

As the Star has internet access , sit on your drive and connect to your home wi fi via the settings option, go to the play store and download the UK Radio App

Go to the settings on your smart phone and enable wi fi hot spot, connect to your Star

You can now select UK Radio and scroll through the stations and set up favourites to save scrolling through all the stations each time you want to listen to your favourites

When you are on the move in your car just select mobile hotspot on your smart phone and the UK Radio App will automatically connect

Forget trying to solve your poor reception via the aerial , I have tried new aerials, new amps and new filters, checked cables for continuity and come to the conclusion that the unit itself is faulty, this is the way to go and you will be able to enjoy your Star more than you do now, I have the radio on all the time and it is crystal clear, also forget the DAB radio add on you wont need it this is better

Keep an eye on your phones data allowance but trust me the radio uses very little data even on long journeys

Occasionally I lose the signal but it is only for a few seconds and it comes back but I am currently living in the sticks so to be expected and a small price to pay for the benefits

If you are still unsure pm me and i will be happy to set up a call and talk you through it

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 1st September 2018 at 20:38..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2018, 03:50   #555
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
1000 apologies for not responding earlier but I have just moved house and it is not something I intend to do again anytime soon, have just started the recovery !

As the Star has internet access , sit on your drive and connect to your home wi fi via the settings option, go to the play store and download the UK Radio App

Go to the settings on your smart phone and enable wi fi hot spot, connect to your Star

You can now select UK Radio and scroll through the stations and set up favourites to save scrolling through all the stations each time you want to listen to your favourites

When you are on the move in your car just select mobile hotspot on your smart phone and the UK Radio App will automatically connect

Forget trying to solve your poor reception via the aerial , I have tried new aerials, new amps and new filters, checked cables for continuity and come to the conclusion that the unit itself is faulty, this is the way to go and you will be able to enjoy your Star more than you do now, I have the radio on all the time and it is crystal clear, also forget the DAB radio add on you wont need it this is better

Keep an eye on your phones data allowance but trust me the radio uses very little data even on long journeys

Occasionally I lose the signal but it is only for a few seconds and it comes back but I am currently living in the sticks so to be expected and a small price to pay for the benefits

If you are still unsure pm me and i will be happy to set up a call and talk you through it
Many, many thanks - will give this a go!
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 14:04   #556
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

I'm on tour at the moment and my SatNav has stopped working. It would seem having just spent half an hour with it sat in a car park that the SD card is not being recognized at all so the software wont start. It's the 8GB card that i bought with the unit.

HELP!

Marcus
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 14:40   #557
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Is there a reset button to push with a pen tip type thing? Try that, and if if it doesn't work and you have a suitable spanner disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. Otherwise you will need to try and solve it by delving into software permissions in Android which is a pain.

Have you got a half decent mobile phone? if so go to somewhere with free wifi and download the Google maps for where you are and use that.

Then go home and throw the hateful Navall thing in the bin
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2018, 18:24   #558
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
Is there a reset button to push with a pen tip type thing? Try that, and if if it doesn't work and you have a suitable spanner disconnect the battery for 10 minutes. Otherwise you will need to try and solve it by delving into software permissions in Android which is a pain.

Have you got a half decent mobile phone? if so go to somewhere with free wifi and download the Google maps for where you are and use that.

Then go home and throw the hateful Navall thing in the bin
thanks I've tried the reset...it didn't work. I'll try removing the fuse for the radio. Anyone remember which one to pull?

I think there's an issue with the card actually as if I put it in the other slot it's not recognized.

M
Old 11th November 2018, 10:40   #559
eadie

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Navall Star changed to Chinese language

My Navall Star has yesterday on start up changed to Chinese language including the home screen, menu and settings! As I can't read Chinese I cannot work out how to change script back into English!!
Any ideas would be welcomed.
eadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2018, 14:04   #560
norbury brook
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi 135 '+'

Update. It seems it's the SD card that's now unreadable. I've done the battery disconnect and that didn't work so took the card out and it's unreadable on my laptop as well.

What is on the card? is it just the maps or is the program and it's folders stored there too?

can I download the app from the play store and use the maps folder I bought last year?

M