Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2014, 15:29   #1
humptynumpty
Retired

Health

Default electrical gremlins

OK here goes when i bought the car the cables for the drivers window had broken and well snagged around mechanism and passengers window didnt work either, so i checked fuses and replaced missing fuse.
Now passengers window goes down smooth and jerks up but it goes down whenever it feels like it, doesnt do it if car hasnt been used but if car has been used it sometimes goes down as car is locked.
Also it only goes down randomly when engine is running and more so if reverse is selected (you flick switch to get it up and it goes straight back down) and also the reverse sensors are somtimes buzzing all time as if something is less than a foot away and nothing is near back and more so when window is playing up.
I wasnt sure if the broken cable in drivers door could possibly cause an earthing problem or not also boot had 4" water in wheel well so im not sure if its a damp problem but it is becoming anoying now, so any clues were to look will help alot thankyou in advance
humptynumpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 16:30   #2
spawn666
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

I had some electrical gremlins the other day, but instead of windows my wipers were working on their own and sometimes in sync with my indicators!!

Turned out to be a bad earth.

spawn666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 19:11   #3
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptynumpty View Post
OK here goes when i bought the car the cables for the drivers window had broken and well snagged around mechanism and passengers window didnt work either, so i checked fuses and replaced missing fuse.
Now passengers window goes down smooth and jerks up but it goes down whenever it feels like it, doesnt do it if car hasnt been used but if car has been used it sometimes goes down as car is locked.
Also it only goes down randomly when engine is running and more so if reverse is selected (you flick switch to get it up and it goes straight back down) and also the reverse sensors are somtimes buzzing all time as if something is less than a foot away and nothing is near back and more so when window is playing up.
I wasnt sure if the broken cable in drivers door could possibly cause an earthing problem or not also boot had 4" water in wheel well so im not sure if its a damp problem but it is becoming anoying now, so any clues were to look will help alot thankyou in advance
When the window lowers on its own does it do it under power or just drop
straight down? Water in the wheel well will only cause electrical problems if you have the factory fit radio and TV modules which are mounted in the well. If you had water in there then have you checked for water in the
Plenum chamber which is where the ECU sits? Leaking into the boot is commonly due to a split gasket on a rear lamp assembly, reglue and/or add a sealer.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2014, 20:23   #4
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

check also for wet carpets in the passanger footwell as this is below there the BCU sits...
Old 16th October 2014, 15:24   #5
humptynumpty
Retired

Health

carpet seems dry buddy
humptynumpty is offline   Reply With Quote