Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th October 2014, 10:02   #21
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimani View Post
WOW £58 Now that's what I call brilliant. I've asked a couple of places local to me and they want to put a NOUGHT on the end of that

Downside for me is 'South Africa' seems a bit of a trip

trimani (Alf)
Good morning Alf

The V6 remains in the UK and it will never leave its shores the treatment was carried out by The Rover Centre in St. Albans. Whilst they did a good job of the treatment, they messed up the welding to both of the rusted rear jacking points. They won't like me saying it, but that is how it went and we fell out over it. The welding failed the MOT first time and the garage had to get it right. The £58 was honoured, as it had been quoted in relation to other work which needed doing at the same time.

A couple of years ago I negotiated forum discounts for members with Rustmaster for 10-25% discounts depending on vehicle, following on from esteemed members - I think it was Lates who did similar before me. You are right about adding on a couple of zeros for a professional job. If you look up Rustmaster and Gate Keeper in the search facility on the forum, all of this should come up
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 12:25   #22
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

did the whole back end of mine today in around a hour and a half.dumped the can of waxoyl in a bucket of hot water.took the rear wheels off one side at a time .sprayed all the arms subframe etc.finished off by doing the brake pipes etc.used the whole can flushed that out with hot water then run hot water thro the spray lance etc .which is now nice and clean and works fine
Old 16th October 2014, 13:53   #23
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
.........................A couple of years ago I negotiated forum discounts for members with Rustmaster for 10-25% discounts depending on vehicle, following on from esteemed members - I think it was Lates who did similar before me. You are right about adding on a couple of zeros for a professional job. If you look up Rustmaster and Gate Keeper in the search facility on the forum, all of this should come up
I had my '75 treated by Rustmaster some 6 or 7 years ago. Not cheap, but the job is very comprehensive and the finish is still holding up well.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote