Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th October 2014, 09:54   #1
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Digital receivers for DD

Which of these two receivers are best??.

Many Thanks.

Julien
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-10-15 09.47.33.jpg (132.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-10-15 09.47.47.jpg (135.5 KB, 36 views)
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 10:24   #2
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Ermm is one not just the aerial and the other the tuner then??

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 10:28   #3
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
Ermm is one not just the aerial and the other the tuner then??
Excuse me for being naïve but I presumed they were both for receiving TV.

Julien
Old 15th October 2014, 10:30   #4
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

One will not be any good without the other,there is one tuner and one ariel in your pictures,you will need both to get TV

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 10:31   #5
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

I think one goes with t'other. I've got the same 2 items in the box that came with the dd I bought from Ronnie.

Pete
Old 15th October 2014, 11:26   #6
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienhoulton View Post
Excuse me for being naïve but I presumed they were both for receiving TV.

Julien

That's why I put the ermm, As I haven't seen the boxes before so it could have been a complete kit in with the aerial

I'm not 100% sure but should you not have a remote with the gold receiver unit (does depend on which head unit you have I believe though).

If you like what you have so far is an aerial and a tuner, you now need a screen and possibly a remote to change channels on the tuner.

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 15th October 2014, 12:03   #7
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
That's why I put the ermm, As I haven't seen the boxes before so it could have been a complete kit in with the aerial

I'm not 100% sure but should you not have a remote with the gold receiver unit (does depend on which head unit you have I believe though).

If you like what you have so far is an aerial and a tuner, you now need a screen and possibly a remote to change channels on the tuner.
Hi.
I have recently got an Erison ES 377 with a detachable I-Pad. Am going to get it professionally installed so I was just wondering what I needed to supply, the one on the left is the one that came with it, the one one the right came with one of Radio guys Dd,s .

Julien
Old 15th October 2014, 13:07   #8
whitevanman
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienhoulton View Post
Hi.
I have recently got an Erison ES 377 with a detachable I-Pad. Am going to get it professionally installed so I was just wondering what I needed to supply, the one on the left is the one that came with it, the one one the right came with one of Radio guys Dd,s .

Julien
I have found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Erisin-ES7.../130825109527? which I guess is the one or similar...I note on this one that it has a built in tv tuner, however it's an old VHF/UHF analogue one so no tv signals will be received.

In short unless you have instructions that say otherwise you would need both of those units and i'm guessing (tbh) a remote..Like an old VCR, you tune your tv into the vcr signal and then the VCR into the various tv signals. In this case the various digital tv signals so you may have the gold box tuned to maybe 40-60 digital channels but you'll need a remote to turn them over..or you could be stuck watching QVC all the time

Hope that makes sense..

Old 15th October 2014, 13:22   #9
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Quote:
I have found this www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Erisin-ES777AEN-7-2-Din-HD-Car-DVD-player-GPS-TV-3G-WiFi-Android-2-3-OS-Tablet-/130825109527? which I guess is the one or similar...I note on this one that it has a built in tv tuner, however it's an old VHF/UHF analogue one so no tv signals will be received.

In short unless you have instructions that say otherwise you would need both of those units and i'm guessing (tbh) a remote..Like an old VCR, you tune your tv into the vcr signal and then the VCR into the various tv signals. In this case the various digital tv signals so you may have the gold box tuned to maybe 40-60 digital channels but you'll need a remote to turn them over..or you could be stuck watching QVC all the time

Hope that makes sense..
Yep that's the one, I have the remote and various other bits, getting it done Friday let you know how I got on.

Julien