Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th November 2014, 18:01   #1
spawn666
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Default Where Do I Stand

Recently the clutch went on my MG ZT-T. After I had diagnosed (with the help from the fantastic forum) that the slave cylinder failed, I booked it into a local garage that had a really good reputation.

They called this afternoon and said, that it required a master cylinder. I told him that I disagreed and explained that my carpet was dry and there was no fluid in the filler cap. I confessed I wasn't a mechanic and he said with his experience with clutches and as a mechanic, that he was certain this was the cause of the clutch failing.

So placing my faith in the mechanic and he went ahead and replaced the master cylinder. Guess what, I was right. Fluid is now leaking out of the bell housing.

I am now looking at £170 bill for wor, which I admit I authorise, however I did this with good faith. It's extremely annoying that I booked the car in specifically for a slave cylinder and clutch.

Do you guys think I have a shout for a massive discount, or even the bill wiped clean?

p.s. I don't want to hear about replacing parts, because it makes sense in the long run blah blah blah (not trying to be rude, just extremely annoyed about this situation).

spawn666 is offline   Reply With Quote