Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th September 2019, 11:04   #1
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Default Marina Brian

Hi there,

A friend of mine needs help from a Marina guru, so I naturally thought of Brian.
Is Brian still round?
Anyone got his mobile number?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I havent been on here for a year or 2 (still have my 75 mothballed though).
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 11:41   #2
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan63 View Post
Hi there,

A friend of mine needs help from a Marina guru, so I naturally thought of Brian.
Is Brian still round?
Anyone got his mobile number?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I havent been on here for a year or 2 (still have my 75 mothballed though).
He most certainly is still around ! As excellent as ever, he is in the forum regularly.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 11:59   #3
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Brian doesn't appreciate his number being handed out since he got a phone call about a MG ZS from some dimwit in the middle of the night! Drop him a PM.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 12:08   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Brian doesn't appreciate his number being handed out since he got a phone call about a MG ZS from some dimwit in the middle of the night! Drop him a PM.

And his reply was...

Who do you think I am the f&/(g RAC!!
Old 11th September 2019, 12:38   #5
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
And his reply was...

Who do you think I am the f&/(g RAC!!
I know that feeling, many years ago I was membership secretary of the Triumph Sports Six Club (TSSC) and got a call at 1.15 in the morning from someone wanting information on carburettor needle sizes for his tuned Vitesse.

He got a very short answer !
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 15:09   #6
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

The amount of intrusion people get now from idiots who don’t think is unbelievable and made worse by Messenger and WhatsApp etc. I regularly get farmers asking about spare parts that could easily wait until I’m at work. I got a message at 6:45 the other morning when I was trying to sort things out for mother and have my breakfast, he got both barrels
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 15:17   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Hi Jonathan, what's he after?

I'll drop you a PM

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 16:11   #8
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Could be worse. I once had a copper standing at the bottom of my staircase telling me the building at work was on fire. It was 3.30am, and I stood at the top of the stairs in me underpants and was not very happy that the missus had left the back door unlocked by accident! They had initially woken up the neighbours before waking me up.

My response was along the lines of what do you want me to do about it? Pee on it? I could have too. Getting up in the middle of the night is a regular occurrence at my advancing age.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 11:07   #9
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

I had a call at 1.30am from Leeds police asking me to drive 15miles each way to let someone out of our car park. I said no, the officer said he's a doctor and he needs some tablets that are in the car. My reply was so what, he parked in a private city centre carpark to avoid paying, has then gone out for the night and now wants to go home when the clubs are kicking out. Tell him to walk, and if he needs tablets, if he's a doctor, St James is just up the road. I will be opening the gates at around 8.00 am in the morning, if I don't sleep in after having my sleep interrupted.

After this because we had a lot of problems with shoppers, workers etc parking and sometimes meaning we didn't have enough spaces for ours and customers vehicles etc we got a parking co. in who monitored and charged them if they were not visiting our premises. When challenged if they refused to pay their cars were lifted and all done legally. Stopped it happening any more.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 18:56   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
I had a call at 1.30am from Leeds police asking me to drive 15miles each way to let someone out of our car park. I said no, the officer said he's a doctor and he needs some tablets that are in the car. My reply was so what, he parked in a private city centre carpark to avoid paying, has then gone out for the night and now wants to go home when the clubs are kicking out. Tell him to walk, and if he needs tablets, if he's a doctor, St James is just up the road. I will be opening the gates at around 8.00 am in the morning, if I don't sleep in after having my sleep interrupted.

After this because we had a lot of problems with shoppers, workers etc parking and sometimes meaning we didn't have enough spaces for ours and customers vehicles etc we got a parking co. in who monitored and charged them if they were not visiting our premises. When challenged if they refused to pay their cars were lifted and all done legally. Stopped it happening any more.
I agree. Some people think they can park where they like. Doesn’t matter if it’s people private property. If they have got tax on their car, they can park where they like. You didn’t know that? No neither did I, but it actually happens by me. Wish they would park on my front garden.