Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th April 2008, 16:40   #1
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Default Portraits

Just been looking at the new coins on another thread (where half the design's missing), and it reminded me of some family portraits we've recently had done at the local professional studio.

Now we were always criticised for "chopping the heads off", but it seems now that you don't have the subject in the centre of the picture, but off to one side, partly out of the frame.

When we went for the viewing, I asked if they'd been taken like that, or taken centrally and then chopped. It seemed it was the latter, as we were then showed the whole picture. Although they came round in the end, at first they were quite reluctant to produce our pics like this, though, saying that "their" way was how it should be done.

Any opinions?

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2008, 21:31   #2
Simon
Banned

-

Their original way is the modern approach to produce some quite emotive and interesting images. It's the way I shoot and crop images and I do love that style. However... If they are your photos that you have commissioned then you really ought to get the final say, regardless of their opinion and they should produce them how you want them.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2008, 00:29   #3
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Freinds of Ours have had a family set done in that Style, and I have to say they are indeed very 'Striking'....

Some great Ideas, one eye vertical 1" strip from each of the children, aligned side by side for instance...

They show just enough detail to clearly show each childs features and striiped on white again look very striking...

as do most of the others....

That said ... They were an obscene amount of Money, and an amount I could Never bring myself to part with for such things, but each to his or her own

They were very neat pics however
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote