Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2016, 09:37   #121
Digger graves

rover 75 Tourer

you can be nicked for being in the centre lane but there has to be a traffic cop to see it then make the decision if following traffic is being held up etc. etc. but I do take the point. what do you do if your towing a trailer and can't use the outside lane ?
As a fleet driver trainer I see some interesting driving even when I'm sitting next to them. .( they shouldn't have stepped onto the crossing when I was close "didn't they see me") when one trainee was asked if they had any crashes "I Got the blame for hitting them up the back but it wasn't really my fault as you shouldn't stop on a roundabout" But here's something to think about. about 85% of drivers when asked say their driving is above average. When about 95% of crashes are caused by driver error. I could go on I'm off my soap box now
Digger graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 12:53   #122
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Just got back from a week in Corfu. Narrow roads, hairpin bends and young Corfiote mums with loose kids in the front seats, driving like their houses were on fire! The coach drivers, on the other hand, were very skilful and courteous throughout.

Enjoyed the holiday very much!
Old 19th May 2016, 21:56   #123
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Well, not much to look at but spotted him coming so I was prepared for it. Blink and you'll miss him

Actually more for recommendations on the best place for the camera, and how to reduce the reflection from the bottom of the dashboard? I have a B40 A118 wedge type cam, which is just to the left of my mirror. Not sure if it's the position of the camera or the lens?
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 22:20   #124
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee View Post
Well, not much to look at but spotted him coming so I was prepared for it. Blink and you'll miss him

Actually more for recommendations on the best place for the camera, and how to reduce the reflection from the bottom of the dashboard? I have a B40 A118 wedge type cam, which is just to the left of my mirror. Not sure if it's the position of the camera or the lens?
is private. But I have the same camera in the same position, at night the clock reflects (although not as bad, since I changed to black dials on the clock ). My lens is pointing down so the washer jets just show on the bottom of the video frame. There are magnetically attached, circular polarising filters available, which will help reduce glare, however, they will also cut out some light.

DIY option

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 19th May 2016 at 22:24..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 00:02   #125
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Supermarket car parks are so dangerous, I take Alison with me! The amount of times I- as opposed to Alison- I've been hit or nearly hit many times!

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 08:52   #126
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

I was out with SWMBO last night, She was driving on L plates.

We were approaching a roundabout indicating to take the first exit to turn left.
As SWMBO is a learner she slows down a bit earlier than some drivers and might be a bit more hesitant but she's not that bad.

we were no more than 10 meters from the roundabout when this Muppet in a chaved up golf decided to overtake, he didn't make it past in time so he just turned left at the roundabout from the right hand lane cutting across the front of us and allowing SWMBO to practice her emergency stop . Another car which was already on the roundabout had to slam his brakes on to avoid hitting this moron.
To her credit she handled it very well, didn't panic or stall.

We were behind him at the next set of lights and I was most enthusiastic about some kerbside re-education involving shoving my wheel brace up his left nostril, however, SWMBO has put a ban on what she refers to as my "Basil Fawlty moments" so I just had to quietly seethe.
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 17:40   #127
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
is private. But I have the same camera in the same position, at night the -clock reflects (although not as bad, since I changed to black dials on the clock ). My lens is pointing down so the washer jets just show on the bottom of the video frame. There are magnetically attached, circular polarising filters available, which will help reduce glare, however, they will also cut out some light.

DIY option
Should be visible now...

I've tried different angles for the lens, but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference. I might try a slightly different position, see if it helps.
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 17:01   #128
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I silenced the audio, except for the horn blast, since the audio is picking up interference from somewhere that I am not interested to silence lol.

The Jag, indicated and pulled out just after one flash of the indicator. However, if you look, it is likely that the Jag driver did not look over his shoulder, nor his side mirror. A point demonstrated as I slowed to a near stop, flashed to let him out. The Zafira would have been in the blindspot of the interior mirror.

Incidentally, for 7 miles this road is a two lane road, and the Zafira, inconsiderately sat in the outside lane all the way. In fact going onto the motorway (at the 7th mile point) in the outside lane with the inside being clear on a lot of the journey. I watched him in my mirror after undertaking him at 40mph on a 50 mph road. (undertaking is not something I condone, however, after I had passed a couple of cars, I returned to the inside lane, and continued on my way passing him on the inside doing 40 building to 50. At the time I assumed he was going to take a right turn at some point, but he didnt).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 21st May 2016 at 17:03..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2016, 20:30   #129
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

I saw a HGV driver today, with his mobile phone between his hands which were also on the wheel at the '5 to 1' position, doing about 45 MPH in a built up area in heavy traffic

Shocking how easily all that could have gone so wrong
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 08:32   #130
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
I saw a HGV driver today, with his mobile phone between his hands which were also on the wheel at the '5 to 1' position, doing about 45 MPH in a built up area in heavy traffic

Shocking how easily all that could have gone so wrong
If I see something like that, I try to get the reg number, the name on the side and report the driver to the company. I ask that they then get back in touch, to let me know what they have done about the driver.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote