Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2013, 17:48   #41
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

Thats not much good for reversing then...
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 19:05   #42
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

The reason you won't get a concentrated focal point to see whilst reversing is because a lot of that 'Focal' light is gained off the chrome reflective material and shone through the Lens. This is because as we all know normal bulbs emit light in all directions, except where the metal connector plugs in of course, thereby using the combination of the reflector and the lens as they were designed. The LED Bulbs only shine the light reward, and although look really bright to look at, do not gain the effectiveness of the reflector and lens.

That's why I choose not to use them.
Old 4th December 2013, 20:06   #43
Stu9
Loves to post

None at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs6680 View Post
Typical, cheaper from the US and even free post, if you can wait for the boat
Stu9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 11:57   #44
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
These..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-9W-LE...item3a8098efe2 are even better :xmas-smiley-009:
I intend to buy these 9W bulbs but red color (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en) for rear fog :xmas-smiley-029::xmas-smiley-029:
versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 12:40   #45
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Talvez eu vou repetir em Português, no caso as pessoas aqui não entendem Inglês ...

A razão que você não vai ter um ponto focal concentrado para ver enquanto revertendo é porque um monte de que a luz 'focal' é adquirida fora do material reflexivo cromo e brilhou através da lente. Isso ocorre porque, como todos sabemos as lâmpadas normais emitem luz em todas as direções, exceto quando o conector de metal conecta naturalmente, usando, assim, a combinação do refletor e da lente como eles foram concebidos. A Lâmpadas LED apenas brilhar a luz de recompensa, e apesar de olhar realmente brilhante para olhar, não ganham a eficácia do refletor e lente.

É por isso que eu optar por não usá-los.
Old 5th December 2013, 13:04   #46
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Talvez eu vou repetir em Português, no caso as pessoas aqui não entendem Inglês ...

A razão que você não vai ter um ponto focal concentrado para ver enquanto revertendo é porque um monte de que a luz 'focal' é adquirida fora do material reflexivo cromo e brilhou através da lente. Isso ocorre porque, como todos sabemos as lâmpadas normais emitem luz em todas as direções, exceto quando o conector de metal conecta naturalmente, usando, assim, a combinação do refletor e da lente como eles foram concebidos. A Lâmpadas LED apenas brilhar a luz de recompensa, e apesar de olhar realmente brilhante para olhar, não ganham a eficácia do refletor e lente.

É por isso que eu optar por não usá-los.
Uhh, what's that in English
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 13:08   #47
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareim View Post
Uhh, what's that in English
Maybe I'll repeat in Portuguese, in case people here do not understand English ...
The reason you will not get to see a concentrated focal point while reversing is because a lot of the 'focal' light is acquired outside of reflective material and chrome shined through the lens. This is because, as we all know standard bulbs emit light in all directions, except when the metal connector connects naturally, thus using the combination of reflector and lens as they were designed. The LED lights only shine light reward, and despite looking really bright to look at, do not earn the effectiveness of the reflector and lens.

That is why I choose not to use them.
________
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 21:02   #48
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
The reason you won't get a concentrated focal point to see whilst reversing is because a lot of that 'Focal' light is gained off the chrome reflective material and shone through the Lens. This is because as we all know normal bulbs emit light in all directions, except where the metal connector plugs in of course, thereby using the combination of the reflector and the lens as they were designed. The LED Bulbs only shine the light reward, and although look really bright to look at, do not gain the effectiveness of the reflector and lens.

That's why I choose not to use them.
I think that I will reply to the English version.

The chrome reflective material will not improve the intensity of light, but will improve the distribution of useable light.
These Cree lights are rated at 400lm, which equates to around 45-50w.
Bearing in mind that the standard fitment is 21w, that is a big increase in intensity.

Like others, I have noted a big improvement. :xmas-smiley-029:

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:42   #49
ROD1
Regular poster

CDTI Contemporary SE (A) 2.5 V6 Contemporary SE (A) 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE (A)

I bought some of ebay.....from the uk buyer who is not uk.....China...he then sent me this message... also the price has been increased to £56.97!!!!

Dear buyer,

Really sorry to disturb you.

The item 281206365911 that bought from our store is a new batch from the supplier. After testing them, we found they are the defective ones. We contacted the supplier, but they told us that they don't have this item available now. And certainly we can't send the defective one to you, so would you mind cancelling your order and refunding your money?

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused,hope you can forgive us.Looking forward to your reply.

If you have any other questions,please feel free to contact us. Just for your benefit,if you don't reply us in 24 hours,we'll refund you directly, and if you still want to buy our items, you can use the money.We'll give you the better service in the future.

Best regards.

- liuddndd2009

Last edited by ROD1; 6th December 2013 at 12:00..
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 16:05   #50
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I got mine from Hong Kong.
They arrived in 10 days

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3708283574...84.m1439.l2649

They work out at just over £4, delivered.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote