Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th August 2011, 15:40   #11
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya. Pc Brigade and do gooders do not exist....Do they...
You may be surprised. Some people in Croydon where I live are talking about taking their streets back. This could be a problem though...who do the police try to control?

The residents are getting fed up with the controls the police are under because they seem to have to get permission to eat a sandwich...
Old 9th August 2011, 15:40   #12
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hiya. Pc Brigade and do gooders do not exist....Do they...

As entities no, they do not. That said, the system of 'checks and balances' could well be said to have swung way too far in the wrong direction....and why? Because to do the job properly in terms of punishment and rehabilitation costs money...and peeps do not like having to pay out for such things..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:41   #13
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendriver View Post
You may be surprised. Some people in Croydon where I live are talking about taking their streets back. This could be a problem though...who do the police try to control?

The residents are getting fed up with the controls the police are under because they seem to have to get permission to eat a sandwich...

Good...now, assuming these people are 'decent' citizens I would expect them to do it in an orderly and proportionate manner....
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:44   #14
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

I'm in the office for the next few nights ( 6pm-6am ) and with it being on a main road with shops, i've got to now consider a safe place to park my car. There are always a few undesireables hanging around and with things the way they are, i'm being careful. BUT,i shouldn't have to worry like this in a 'civilised' society.

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:45   #15
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouseeric View Post
I'm in the office for the next few nights ( 6pm-6am ) and with it being on a main road with shops, i've got to now consider a safe place to park my car. There are always a few undesireables hanging around and with things the way they are, i'm being careful. BUT,i shouldn't have to worry like this in a 'civilised' society.

Eric

No you should not..... None of us should..
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:56   #16
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I'm with you Poppy. If and when, don't hold your breath, these current naughty little vulnerable dears get arrested and charged they might go to court if the CPS get HD video of them personally clobbering a really vulnerable copper. As the jails are already full, they might get fined (which they won't pay out of their meagre benefit), might get a 'community' penalty (putting them right back into it all again) and more likely will get a caution. There is also the question of the absolutely gigantic elephant in the room that everyone tap dances around for fear of a massive escalation. No, I'm not going to mention it by name. Why should I risk the tons of ordure that would come tumbling down on me?
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 15:59   #17
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I'm with you Poppy. If and when, don't hold your breath, these current naughty little vulnerable dears get arrested and charged they might go to court if the CPS get HD video of them personally clobbering a really vulnerable copper. As the jails are already full, they might get fined (which they won't pay out of their meagre benefit), might get a 'community' penalty (putting them right back into it all again) and more likely will get a caution. There is also the question of the absolutely gigantic elephant in the room that everyone tap dances around for fear of a massive escalation. No, I'm not going to mention it by name. Why should I risk the tons of ourdure that would come tumbling down on me?
So right....We are now in a right mess with no recourse for improvement as I can see....
Old 9th August 2011, 16:04   #18
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Not long ago I was outside a court when half dozen yobs came out laughing and joking about the "show" they put on, and clearly delighted at the outcome...

In future, lets allow the victims to do the sentencing, that might really work!

The "professional" peeps who deal with young offenders really do seem to live in a world of their own, and seriously believe that the yobo's are all lil innocents that life has treated badly... Tuh!!!!

>>>do it in an orderly and proportionate manner<<<

Yep.. A machine gun and a few grenades would be fine..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2011, 16:06   #19
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Not long ago I was outside a court when half dozen yobs came out laughing and joking about the "show" they put on, and clearly delighted at the outcome...

In future, lets allow the victims to do the sentencing, that might really work!

The "professional" peeps who deal with young offenders really do seem to live in a world of their own, and seriously believe that the yobo's are all lil innocents that life has treated badly... Tuh!!!!

>>>do it in an orderly and proportionate manner<<<

Yep.. A machine gun and a few grenades would be fine..

Old 9th August 2011, 16:15   #20
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Are you round Solihull Poppy? They are evacuating everyone out after rumours on the net today
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote