Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th November 2019, 16:01   #21
DKR

Hi Mike,
No prob. - you're not being neg., I had the excact same thoughts.

- and the first ting I said to the mechanic was, that "nothing had been done to address the original problem"

- I confronted the mechanic with the fact, at the starter motor couldn't cause the cut out - he could only respond with words regarding tracking bug (g.-translated expression), and the fact that "I get no error readout now" - that's it.
(well, the motor cannot, unless the motor is really fcked up inside, allowing plus to run to minus - even then...?)

Ill have to wait another 1-2 days when they do the 3rd testrun, then crossing my fingers...

Thanks for your input,
Old 4th November 2019, 18:43   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

I have really serious negative thoughts about your mechanics ability.

It's a pity you're not in the UK as there are lots of folk here that would quite quickly solve your problems.

He gives me the impression that he's one of these folks who changes everything, at your expense, until he stumbles across the fault.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2019, 15:32   #23
DKR

So - finally got the car back yesterday...

At the workshop, I was shown a picture of the fuel injection backleak test, which showed an even backleak - nothing special (appx 20 (ml??) in each of the tubes (I had to really insist to get them to do this test).

Again: pretest error codes showed:
(directly translated)
1 – 1152 CoolerFan Control - interruption
2 – 4704 Pump, PrePressure - pressure too low
3 – 13573 GlowPlugs TimeControl "GlowPlugUnit" faulty
4 – 7717 synchronization, camshaft to crank - "UnFair Signal"

After this: StarterMotor is replaced
I was told the replacement appears to be without deposit
(So that I could get the old one back)

Then: No error codes
They drove 2x testdrives in town - nothing wrong.

I asked them to do the 3rd and final drivetest - showed nothing wrong - but now the error codes are back - all of them...
"Funny" thing here is - he could NOT read log or history, because, as he said "we only have a generic tester, your car/engine is too old"
??? This is a common BMW engine (2005)...
An old colleague of mine read out some logged errors using a cheap ebay-OBDII-thing and an iphone app... (last year)

The replaced startermotor - believe this or not - he fcking send it back without consulting me first!!
"It was a deposit after all", he said...
(why the freak didn't he ask me if I would just buy it?)

(and, before paying, he convinced me to be a "registered customer" - benefit for me? = he could send me the bill... - I registered, then he wanted payment right now... ofc, I had my registration cancelled...)

Some 937 EUR later, I was finally on my way home - no cut out/off during that half hour...

So, now, I will NEVER send my car to them for anything - not even for a polish...
This workshop was praised as "very skilled mechanics", "best place in town for diesel errors" etc.
- I feel like I've been a part in a monty python-sketch)

So, that leads me to a new question;
If I were to buy a OBDII scanner myself - would one of the following be suffiecient?
- For laptop
- Handheld

?

:::

Finally, I hear the engine more clearly now - both from the outside when the bonnet is closed, and from the inside of the cabin - shouldn't there be a sound insulation pad on the inner-side of the bonnet?
(apart from the felt-cover, that is)

Thanks all,
Old 9th November 2019, 17:46   #24
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

I have one like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Torque-EL...b0920dbad8386c

Download the torque app (or similar) and you will be able to read the fault codes and live data when the engine is running once you pair the reader with your phone.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote