Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2013, 11:34   #1
handyandy1966
Banned

rover 75 conniseur se 2.0 v6

Default supaguard 100 plus paint sealant

hi all been given a couple of packs of the above was going to do both the 75 and the aston any one know if its anygood? also any tips ? cheers all
handyandy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 14:16   #2
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Its worth using because its decent enough stuff, it just wont last 10 years like they claim, more like 10 months, if lucky. On dark paint it can look a little bright, but its better than most of the Halfords ranges.

Just make sure the paint is absolutely squeaky clean first, no product on it. Wash with a household All purpose cleaner to remove all oils and waxes. If you can do the whole clay, and abrasive polish first, then wash with APC then so much the better.
Old 7th March 2013, 14:25   #3
handyandy1966
Banned

rover 75 conniseur se 2.0 v6

cheers will deffo clay them both and apply then thanks again
handyandy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2013, 17:57   #4
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Agree with what Rovex has said. it's good stuff but the manufacturers and the car salesman tend to over-egg it a lot. Another problem is that some dealerships see it as a way of making some extra profit for little or no work and don't take the time to do it properly. Even with brand new paint some preparation is necessary.

I use a similar product to finish off when I've done a complete car (scratch repairs, de-tar, polish and seal) and it gives a really nice gloss, especially on light colour or silver finishes. it really blings up my Starlight Silver ZT-T.
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 09:03   #5
typhoon 180
Regular poster

Typhoon MGZS 180

they are no good unless you carry on with the after care stuff, like said above lucky if you get 6 months out of it, TBH these are a waste of money, if you wash and wax your car regularly using decent products then this is the best method, dont believe the never wax your car again as its not true believe me! even with a paint sealant on your paint work it will fade and the life of the sealant is decreased massively by using cheap/harsh cleaning products, if you do apply the supagard then give it a good clay bar over, good quality pre wax cleaner, IPA the panels down to remove residue then apply the supagard, then apply a layer of wax, then after each time you wash the car apply a layer of wax to build upo the protection, if you do this then you will get over a year of protection and your paint will stay glossy for a long time

typhoon 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2013, 17:17   #6
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

The longest lasting products on the market are the ceramic nano sealants. You can get a good 2 years out of them, but they require a lot of work to prep for and apply.