Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th January 2010, 13:21   #51
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

I just take the view that we should clean up our own mess before we go...the kids can then make their own mess.. As for global warming aka 'climate change'...methinks the planet is more than capable of looking after itself! 'Save the planet'...more like save ourselves! Anyway, nice to see the baby boomers / old hippies finally found a way to make some money out of their old convictions bless 'em!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:55   #52
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I just take the view that we should clean up our own mess before we go...the kids can then make their own mess.. As for global warming aka 'climate change'...methinks the planet is more than capable of looking after itself! 'Save the planet'...more like save ourselves! Anyway, nice to see the baby boomers / old hippies finally found a way to make some money out of their old convictions bless 'em!
Agree with all the above. Whilst there's no denying the planet is heating I don't believe that we are the cause of it, I think it would have happened anyway. However that doesn't mean we can carry on polluting without a care in the world, I do recycle but I don't pick the expensive green option. In anycase as Zeb says, there's no need to worry about the planet, the planet will recover and be here thriving long after we're gone.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:05   #53
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

The science is settled and anthropogenic warming is believed to be taking place, and thats a fact, so say all the experts and I always believe what they say, I mean they have been so right many time before and have absolutley no financial drivers behind them.

Wasn't it ironic that at the Copenhagen guilt fest conference I watched someone from the media reporting live in a Blizzard indicating the signs of weather pattern to come. I would suggest that anyone wanting to earn buckets of money and funding to get onto this merry go round ASAP, almost as good as an MP' deal.

Finally can you imagine how much colder it would have been these last few weeks without all this nasty Co2 being pumped into the athmos
Says little old me from a cold corner of the UK currently hitting a balmy -9degC at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 17:38   #54
Petrow
Avid contributor

75 V8

A bit of an update for you:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...arts-here.html

Yes, I know it's from the Daily Mail and you shouldn't believe all you read in the papers - but the Guardian is much less reliable on this topic. And even the Mail gets it right sometimes.

For amusement only:-
The current level of CO2 in the atmosphere is about 380 parts per million. When you breathe out, your breath contains something like 10,000 parts per million of CO2. In the USA they have declared CO2 to be a pollutant. This means that every adult who has ever cuddled a child is guilty of seriously poisoning that child. The Elf and Safety brigade could have a whale of a time with this one!

P.S.
Hi, Jules. Hope you are coping OK too. I have the luxury of being retired, so I can spend lots of time tucked up nice and warm in bed. The odd trip out to the shops has not been a problem - we've only had a couple of inches round here, and the local council have been keeping the main routes nice and clear. Oops - I say that just as the snow starts falling again, dammit!

Peter
Petrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 18:48   #55
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I suppose I am always sceptical of what scientists say. It seems to me that someone has an idea, gets financial backing for it and low and behold a theory becomes a fact!!

Perhaps I am just biased but I do not think that we are heading for a global catastrophe just because my car kicks out CO2. There aint no way I'm going to drive a Prius!!
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 16:57   #56
nairda
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon ConnSE CDTi 2003 in luvverly Moonstone Green, van Aaken SmartBox/RoverRon Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrow View Post
I too read this and wondered if Al Gore is going to return his Oscar, the Nobel prize and the billions scammed out of carbon trading....thought not...

And further reading...

http://www.spectator.co.uk/essays/al...on-trick.thtml

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ja...lobal-warming/

Member No. 971
nairda is offline   Reply With Quote