Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2014, 12:59   #11
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc13661 View Post
Thanks Steve, I have sorted the tap myself this morning, I also fitted a new gas regulator, have gone through the van with a fine comb today sorting out any issues. More annoyed that the Guy still fails to acknowledge me.... Maybe a letter to BBC Watchdog

I find it difficult to believe that I received a full check list that states the Gas Electric and Water all function correctly when they clearly did not, I am more concerned that it says the wheels have been of and the brake linings checked and return springs etc..... upon close inspection today the wheel trims and wheels have so many cobwebs in them it indicates that this is also a fabrication of the truth.

I accept that I have been well and truly ripped off, just a shame I paid for it on debit card rather than a credit card, as then I would have had some form of insurance.

I wont name and shame him on an open forum but if anyone in the North East /North West is wanting to avoid this guy I will pass on details via a PM
I would like to make sure I don't contact him Keith - due a service next Spring, so a PM would be appreciated

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 15:57   #12
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Well a week away now since my recent upset with Caravan Service, well pleased to report nothing more sinister has shown itself apart from the waste water pipes been partially blocked preventing water from draining correctly.
I am a little annoyed in the fact that I have spoken to Trading Standards about this guy, they say I should have had him come and fix the faults, not attended to them myself. That's easier said than done, but Butane leaking into the van and a non working tap had to be sorted to get away.
Still they have given me advice in what to do next, so upon my return home I will proceed. I am so glad I have kept all the text message conversations regarding my requests for work to be complete and 'his acknowledgement it was done'
Also contacting the 'approved workshop scheme' of which he is registered to leave my review.

On a serious note guys and girls, always ask for a breakdown report of any work people claim to have done, without it you haven't got a leg to stand on and so many corners can be cut, and lives could be at risk.

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2014, 19:53   #13
kc13661

Freelander Td4

Quick update for anyone interested, it seems that the rear window seal leaks more than ever now, and I believe the initial mark on the interior paper is worsening.
So I have spoken to my local trading standards office and took their advice, i have written a formal letter of my dissatisfaction to this guy and given him 14 days to reply with a satisfactory offer to resolve the issues, the letter is going fully recorded to ensure its receipt.

Failure to reply will automatically enforce my claim in a small claims court.

Old 30th November 2014, 17:45   #14
kc13661

Freelander Td4

Default Legal Action

Well an update on when I had my caravan serviced and water ingress repaired.

As my previous threads show, I was less than happy at the poor service offered by a North East Mobile Caravan Service Company, I tried to resolve the issue between myself and the engineer alas to no avail, I then sent a letter to the said person outlining my grievances regarding his lack of quality and failure to complete the work charged for.
Today I went to the van to check it, only to discover water ingress at the rear window is worse than ever (thankfully I had put paper towels and tea towels along the sill)
This has been the last straw and I have now submitted my claim to the small claims court for a full refund for the alleged work. Dissapointed it has had to go to this stage but the said engineer failed to respond to any form of communication.

Lets see where we go from here.

Old 30th November 2014, 18:44   #15
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

my sympathy for you I hope it gets sorted. My caravan went back to e manufacturer Wednesday, well I hope they collected it. Also suffering from damp. The approved caravan service people did not want to take it on. No idea when I'll get it back but don't expect to see it this year.

Been some expensive stuff done under warranty. Caravan agent was saying the caravan industry is in a bit of a state, damp being a big problem.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 20:45   #16
Tin Tent
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Angry

Hope you get it sorted out. Speaking to the engineer that serviced my van about damp he was saying that swift had a big problem with damp with the vans with the grey sides, from what i recall behind the plastic skirts the edge of the floors had'nt been sealed so there were lots of vans in dealerships with heaters drying them out for days before they were dry enough to be sealed not good.
Tin Tent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2014, 21:23   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Tent View Post
Hope you get it sorted out. Speaking to the engineer that serviced my van about damp he was saying that swift had a big problem with damp with the vans with the grey sides, from what i recall behind the plastic skirts the edge of the floors had'nt been sealed so there were lots of vans in dealerships with heaters drying them out for days before they were dry enough to be sealed not good.
I know someone who had a Swift with the very same problem,only a year old too.
Old 1st December 2014, 10:03   #18
Tin Tent
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I know someone who had a Swift with the very same problem,only a year old too.
Very poor design and makes you wonder what long term damage has been done knowing damp is the biggest killer of caravans. I was at my local dealer when a very irate customer came in he'd had a weekend away with his brand new van and found 32 faults with it the main one was fire not working even after engineer fixed it it stopped working again all this in the winter, so you have to ask what quality checks are made.
Old 1st December 2014, 15:32   #19
kc13661

Freelander Td4

My van is not brand new, it is 14 year old, however the issues are I have more water ingress now than before this supposedly qualified Engineer got his hands on it

Wet window Sill, you can also notice it is now swollen

more visible here

Old 1st December 2014, 17:49   #20
Tin Tent
Avid contributor

rover 75 tourer

Had a few caravans over the years never seen leaks as bad as that sounds like he's made matters worse, old or new does'nt matter repair should be done properly, best of luck with your small claims case.