Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2019, 10:31   #145181
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

We used to carry out fire alarm tests but always advised anyone in the building it was a test. One day the local manager carried out an impromptu fire drill in the building with the traincrew messroom/locker room, triggered the alarm but nobody moved. He wasn't happy, went into the messroom and shouted "Yer all f...... dead!"

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 11:51   #145182
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

It's chucking it down here, I was thinking of going to get my haircut but Nah! I'll stay indoors where it's warm & dry My mate over in Alberta just emailed saying it -25C there today Brutal.

I'M on the train sim class 70 freight trains today after messing up on the chuffers yesterday

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 12:09   #145183
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

You can keep the -25, that is a bit chilly for me!!
Old 6th March 2019, 12:19   #145184
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Had great fun with my laptop and my legal copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 over the last couple of days.
I'm in the midst of putting together a newsletter for my drinking establishment - designed to keep members up-to-date with what is happening, and what has happened, in the Club. I do it three times a year, aiming to encourage more members to visit regularly and spend money over the bar
The problem started when using MS Publisher - every time I saved the file, the program crashed - and didn't save the file. After monkeying around for a couple of hours on Monday, re-typing stuff, swearing and trying all the fixes I could think of - I decided to use the built in Office Troubleshooter - whadda a mistaka to maka
After trying this inbuilt tool in its simplest format, with no improvement, I went for the "online troubleshooter". This decided it would totally uninstall my legally bought and paid for Office 2016 and install in its place Office 365 - the pay as you go version. At the same time, it uninstalled an old version of Office 2013 which I keep in reserve (it allows me to create CMYK coloured files for printing, whereas Office 2016 only offers RGB).
Eventually, all I could do was to manually uninstall ALL Office software that I could find on my machine, and re-install my legal copy of Office 2016 from scratch (took a while to find the installation disk - I hadn't seen it since 2016).
Great - everything is back to full working order - and then I got the usual, humongous, monthly Windows update which took around two hours to download and install. When I rebooted after this update, my warning lights which illuminate for Caps Lock being on and sound muted had both stopped working. After a few more hours of hunting around, found an up-to-date driver for Realtek Audio - installed that and at last, on Tuesday afternoon I was happy.
Isn't life fun

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 14:22   #145185
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Just googled this which may or may not help: "With Office 2013, you can sign in to your Microsoft account and reinstall Microsoft Office directly from the website, without the need for your product key or an installation CD."
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2019, 18:04   #145186
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Evening all, I haven't done a tap all day the weather has been miserable wet & much cooler.

Roast beef,roast spuds carrots,cauliflower & onion gravy for tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Had great fun with my laptop and my legal copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 over the last couple of days.
I'm in the midst of putting together a newsletter for my drinking establishment - designed to keep members up-to-date with what is happening, and what has happened, in the Club. I do it three times a year, aiming to encourage more members to visit regularly and spend money over the bar
The problem started when using MS Publisher - every time I saved the file, the program crashed - and didn't save the file. After monkeying around for a couple of hours on Monday, re-typing stuff, swearing and trying all the fixes I could think of - I decided to use the built in Office Troubleshooter - whadda a mistaka to maka
After trying this inbuilt tool in its simplest format, with no improvement, I went for the "online troubleshooter". This decided it would totally uninstall my legally bought and paid for Office 2016 and install in its place Office 365 - the pay as you go version. At the same time, it uninstalled an old version of Office 2013 which I keep in reserve (it allows me to create CMYK coloured files for printing, whereas Office 2016 only offers RGB).
Eventually, all I could do was to manually uninstall ALL Office software that I could find on my machine, and re-install my legal copy of Office 2016 from scratch (took a while to find the installation disk - I hadn't seen it since 2016).
Great - everything is back to full working order - and then I got the usual, humongous, monthly Windows update which took around two hours to download and install. When I rebooted after this update, my warning lights which illuminate for Caps Lock being on and sound muted had both stopped working. After a few more hours of hunting around, found an up-to-date driver for Realtek Audio - installed that and at last, on Tuesday afternoon I was happy.
Isn't life fun

Ouch Rod! that sounds like one o those hair pulling out days when nowt goes right.

I've been getting notices on this gaming PC about new audio drivers for the nvidia TSI graphics card. the Realtek digital audio sounds fine to me so I might ignore them and leave well alone.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 05:09   #145187
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I’ve just woken up to bird song!

And it’s reasonably light out there

Gardeners World starts tomorrow on BBC 2

Clocks change at the end of the month!!

I don’t wish my life away but I am glad ALWAYS - to see the back of Winter.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 06:38   #145188
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, lovely and sunny here this morning, a bit of a wind too, Deb has already hung a line of washing out!
Old 7th March 2019, 07:01   #145189
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Isn't life fun
That’s why we bought an Apple computer, would never have windows again.

Dry and bright this morning, which is totally the opposite of what was forecast. So yet another day with no rest, working on Saturday early too.
Old 7th March 2019, 07:19   #145190
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning al from Sunny Saltash.

Spent yesterday stripping the last usable parts off of the tourer. Then it was collected and taken to the scrap yard.

Got invited to stay for dinner, Matt prepared and cooked yummy chicken curry. More tea? Go on then.

Now waiting on phone call from Allen to tell me roughly what time they will be back in Saltash, travelling by coach from Heathrow, for me to collect them..

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote