Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2024, 09:39   #173091
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning again! It’s the same here, cold . . . . and wet with it.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 8th January 2024 at 09:41..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 10:35   #173092
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Clang, clang, squeak! Another brass monkey going past the house!

The wind is coming from the arctic and over the North Sea to me. I know where it's coming from and exactly where it's going!
Old 8th January 2024, 11:40   #173093
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

By 'eck that north'easterly wind is perishing, I've only put the wheelie bin out for tomorrow & me ears are dropping off

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 11:46   #173094
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What I liked about the 747 was its size ...
Some were bigger than others. A few were modified to carry big items like the wings for the 787. As well as increasing the size for that the tail was chopped off and put back on hinges so that the whole back end could be swung open like a barn door. It was named the Dreamlifter in its association with the 787 Dreamliner whose wings it carries from a subcontractor in Japan to the US reducing the transit time from weeks to hours. 747-400 LCF

I like the 787 in part for one of the things that you can't see, it does not use engine-bleed air for the cabin. It uses electrically driven compressors which with the system as a whole provides a better cabin environment to sit in and to breath in.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 12:17   #173095
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Some were bigger than others. A few were modified to carry big items like the wings for the 787. As well as increasing the size for that the tail was chopped off and put back on hinges so that the whole back end could be swung open like a barn door. It was named the Dreamlifter in its association with the 787 Dreamliner whose wings it carries from a subcontractor in Japan to the US reducing the transit time from weeks to hours. 747-400 LCF

I like the 787 in part for one of the things that you can't see, it does not use engine-bleed air for the cabin. It uses electrically driven compressors which with the system as a whole provides a better cabin environment to sit in and to breath in.
That’s very interesting, thank you for sharing.

We are checking out of the hotel shortly at Terminal 4 and it’s a short walk to the check in desk. Our flight takes off at 17:25, then I can relax. I don’t mind flying - it’s the preparation for a flight, packing up the flat and packing the luggage is more stressful than flying.

If I may ask, why do you know so much about aircraft?

The talent we have in the club with people from all walks of life is remarkable and welcomed.

Have a great day.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2024, 12:32   #173096
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I find flying boring . . . . with one exception. I was flying Edinburgh to either Gatwick or Heathrow en route to the Philippines. The flight was delayed several hours due to severe weather in the south. Eventually took off, flight was uneventful apart from the landing, it was like riding a bucking bronco. I did aerobatics when I was in the air cadets but “similar” manoeuvres in a 737 was “unpleasant”. There was a 737 that still had my finger marks in the armrest when it was scrapped!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 00:12   #173097
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If I may ask, why do you know so much about aircraft?
Thank you for your interest Phil. I'm a bit late in replying as I had to go out after posting and have only just came back online to catch up. Many have internet access on-the-go via a smart phone but I don't, I only access the internet via a laptop which stays at home and it is used as a desktop PC in reality. My interest in aviation is as the case with yourself re health and medicine, it is a consequence of work in a previous life. A couple of members know a little of my background but others might find the subject boring so I try not to post too much about it. Hope your flight went well.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 05:23   #173098
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Thank you for your interest Phil. I'm a bit late in replying as I had to go out after posting and have only just came back online to catch up. Many have internet access on-the-go via a smart phone but I don't, I only access the internet via a laptop which stays at home and it is used as a desktop PC in reality. My interest in aviation is as the case with yourself re health and medicine, it is a consequence of work in a previous life. A couple of members know a little of my background but others might find the subject boring so I try not to post too much about it. Hope your flight went well.
Thank you Steve, there was turbulence which lasted one hour during the last hour descending from 41,000 feet. Thank you for answering my question. Apart from the turbulence the flight was good, although the audio on the inflight entertainment was distorted and incomprehensible, but it did not bother me as I watched a movie with subtitles. Besides that across the row from us was Fiona Fullerton, remember her? OK she is getting on, but is still a head turner.

I wore a hidden disability badge for the plane, which was completely ignored by airport staff at Heathrow. Did not get much sleep, so having a quiet day.

Have a great day
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2024, 06:35   #173099
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Morning all,

No frost this morning and we are due some sunshine so the weather forecast suggests.

Glad you had an uneventful flight Phil & Jessica, have a restful day.

It's been a very quiet start work wise to 2024. Hope things pick up soon !
Old 9th January 2024, 07:06   #173100
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all another cold one here, glad I have a heater in the office.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk