Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2012, 13:13   #21
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Just took the battery off, and tried the front doors. Still nothing. So don't think it's electrical.

Now the question is, is there anyway that it can be removed even if I have to destroy the door????

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 13:31   #22
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Just took the battery off, and tried the front doors. Still nothing. So don't think it's electrical.

Now the question is, is there anyway that it can be removed even if I have to destroy the door????
I think they are superlocked and without reprogramming the BCU you might have to cut into the door skin and angle grind the locks off. One other way is to get a BUC off the bay, swap it and see if you can then open the doors by putting the key in the driver's door lock (your remote will not work).

Before you take such drastic action give somebody like Brian (Marinabrian) a PM as he might have another idea. If Brian also thinks the problem is with superlocking then if you cannot find anybody local with a T4, I am prepare to meet you halfway between London and Lowestoft and try and sort the BCU out. It will certainly be cheaper and quicker than hacking the doors off, even without a bit of Semtex. I don't like to see thing butchered for the sake of a hour and a bit of fuel.

Last edited by rover54; 15th December 2012 at 13:44..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 13:39   #23
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

I have a 75 saloon that I am breaking so can I take the BCU off that and use it?

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
Old 15th December 2012, 13:45   #24
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
I have a 75 saloon that I am breaking so can I take the BCU off that and use it?
Yep, give it a go, nothing to lose. You might have to lock the doors first and then unlock them with the key. Door locking and unlocking ZCS coding should be the same on all cars apart from single point entry so it should work. If you have a functioning key for the other BCU, you can use that remote as it will be coded to the BCU out of the scrap car.

Last edited by rover54; 15th December 2012 at 13:50..
Old 15th December 2012, 15:40   #25
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
Yep, give it a go, nothing to lose. You might have to lock the doors first and then unlock them with the key. Door locking and unlocking ZCS coding should be the same on all cars apart from single point entry so it should work. If you have a functioning key for the other BCU, you can use that remote as it will be coded to the BCU out of the scrap car.
Just tried that. No difference. So creak and paddle comes to mind

Old 15th December 2012, 16:04   #26
rover54
Retired

Quote:
Just tried that. No difference. So creak and paddle comes to mind
Looks like you either adopt the Duke's of Hazard style of entry or cut the blo0dy doors off. Remind me it is both front doors that are stuck.

One last thing comes to mind, if the door locks were frozen, perhaps when you tried to open them a fuse was blown, so my very last thought is check the fuses. Looks like F1 and F32 in passenger fuse box
Old 15th December 2012, 16:07   #27
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
Looks like you either adopt the Duke's of Hazard style of entry or cut the blo0dy doors off. Remind me it is both front doors that are stuck.

One last thing comes to mind, if the door locks were frozen, perhaps when you tried to open them a fuse was blown, so my very last thought is check the fuses. Looks like F1 and F32 in passenger fuse box
Yup, both front doors stuck. If we lived in a dry climate, then I would do a Bo & Luke Duke . I checked all the fuses in the fuse box, but will re-check tomorrow when it's light in case I missed them.

Thanks for your help Ed. It's kept me sane (or as sane as I can be lol)

Old 15th December 2012, 16:34   #28
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

When you unlock it with the key you need the battery to be connected so that the key can overide the deadlock.

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 16:37   #29
humphshumphs

No longer a Rover Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
When you unlock it with the key you need the battery to be connected so that the key can overide the deadlock.
Tried that with both BCUs and still the same stuck doors.

Old 15th December 2012, 16:40   #30
rover54
Retired

Quote:
Tried that with both BCUs and still the same stuck doors.
I would now cut into the door wires and apply some volts, you don't have anything else to lose as you have tried everything else.

I would go for the passenger side first as there is one less wire. Remember if you get the wrong wire the car will explode as depicted in many Hollywood movies because you are only supposed to blow the bl00dy doors off. (Sorry)

Last edited by rover54; 15th December 2012 at 16:44..