Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2012, 16:42   #1
shaun_kaz

Rover 75 Saloon & MG TF

Default Retrofit Electrical seat and heater

Hi

I have a Rover 75 2001 1.8 Club and my wife (bless her) has just bought me a leather chairs, electric, heated, memory.. Im not fused about the memory side.. Anyway.. I have took the radio and aircon unit out and the only 2 conectors which were taped up were two grey ones.. Does anyone know what these are for..
I thinking that I am going to have to make my own wiring loom.. I have had a look on here for a CLEAR wiring diagram.. Does anyone know where I can get one from Please. I have been studying the threads and looking at what some of the members have put they are realy helpfulful.

I would like to use the OEM switches for the seat heaters.. Looking at pictures there are 5 probes/spades.. As I dont have the plugs for these any ideas how I can wire these up.. Also what wire goes where..

Thanks

Shaun

Thanks
Shaun..
shaun_kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 17:42   #2
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

forget about those plugs

First you need

2 heated seat switches WITH plugs and about 6" of loom wire

Driver and passenger seat power supply plugs with enough loom wire to reach the handbrake.

There must be myriads out there because not many include them with the seats, especially scrappies who seem to know the value but have no idea they have to be plugged back in.
Old 4th June 2012, 18:12   #3
shaun_kaz

Rover 75 Saloon & MG TF

Hi Thanks for the quick reply..

I have already bought the 2 switches of ebay.. with no plugs.. I have looked on ebay but cant find any loom on there so it looks as though Im gonna have to do a diy job.... just not sure how im going to connect to switches and what to where..
shaun_kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 18:36   #4
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Firstly

Contact seancar, he will be able to help you out with what you need. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...er.php?u=14726
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 08:55   #5
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
Firstly

Contact seancar, he will be able to help you out with what you need. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...er.php?u=14726
If you get the plugs which is by far the easiest way either from Seancar or post a wanted thread, they work as follows (Ignore wandering about 12v to the heater elements)

The heated seat is switched by the earth to the seats by the heated seat switch.
There are 2 LED's inside the switch.
Amber that illumintes the seat icon when sidelights are turned on.
Green that illuminates the LED next to the seat icon when heated seat is switched on.

If your gigar lighter is illuminated, connect the red/white wire to red/white, if your switchbank has a switch/s connect the red/white to any red/white from a switch, If your switchbank is empty connect to the red/white wire to your ICE

connect the orange/white to the same 12 supply wire from a switchbank switch if fitted or connect to source that powers your seats. If you cig lighter works only when key is in AUX then you can connect to this, it is just a LED.

The colours from the switch plugs are:-

Thick (1.5mm) Black = Direct to earth
Thick (0.75mm) Yellow = Connect to yellow from the seat
Thin (0.5mm) red/white = to sidelight circuit
Thin (0.5mm) orange/white = to 12v AUX curcuit

Otherwise it is a lot of fiddling about soldering the correct size pins and spades onto 10 wires to push into the back of the seat plugs. Then you have to fill the void with hot glue or silicone to hold the pins in place and ensure they do not contact each other.

I had 10 pairs of heated seat switches and could only get 18 plugs so I retro wired 2 switches this way, I stripped a couple of plugs with the correct size pins/spades I bought from Maplin. cheaper to get the plugs if you can.

Last edited by Devilish; 5th June 2012 at 09:00..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 16:48   #6
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

I have a set of plugs pm me you can have them
For a fiver delivered
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote