Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th April 2015, 21:01   #1
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Default launch car *SOLD*

Just testing the water really to see if I can get any interest.
I've got a dealer launch car that I've had for about 3 months. I got it off another member on here, and there is quite a lot of info on what he did to it on here.
I got it with the intention of getting it through a mot, and then seeing how I liked it, but its cost me the best part of £900 to get it on the road, and I seriously need to try and get some of that back now!
I have just put on new doors, bumpers, boot lid, bonnet and wings. The bodywork is now in very good condition, there are a few stone chips and a couple of scuffs on the bumpers, but it is all very good for the age and mileage.
Since I've had it, its had replacement rear suspension arms, rear springs, front drop links, rear arb bushes, battery, back box, vis motors, door actuators, tyres, various bits of trim, and hiline head unit and TV module in the boot replaced. I've also checked and reattatched all 4 sunroof drain's.
The boot and plenums are bone dry, and judging by the dust in them, they have been for a good while.
The previous owner did plenty of work to the car, including belts, water pump, stat, new fan and gold resistor, full service including plugs, suspension strut replaced, and quite a few other things. He's got a comprehensive list of pictures (over 200!) That he sent me before I got the car, showing the work being done to the car. I believe Andi Willi did a fair bit of the work, including the belts. They were done about 2k miles ago, so only just done really!
The car has 162k miles on it, but it really drives well. Its so smooth and just purrs along, but can shift when you floor it in sport mode!
Mechanically this car is very good, interior is very nice too. Full electric heated Neptune blue leather seats with double piping and embossed headrests, neptune blue mats, all the toys that launch cars came with, plus it has had dimming mirror and reversing sensors fitted.
It has 12 months mot minus two weeks, and doesn't really need anything doing to it, as I've just spent a small fortune getting it through the mot!
I had considered keeping this one and selling my 190 instead as this is such a nice car, but the zt is my baby and I just couldn't do it! If I could afford to keep two v6s, I would keep it in a shot, but my wife found out how much I've spent on it and has laid down the law!
There is full service history, loads of paperwork including the original pdi report from Cowley to the dealer stating it was a demonstrator car. It has all the sat nav discs up to the most current one.
I will get a few pics up tomorrow as I'm on my phone at the min, but I'm sure you all know what a launch car looks like!
I'm looking for around £800, just to try and get back some of what its cost me to get it where it is, but I am open to offers, so if you're interested, make an offer, you never know!
I am in Banbury, but am happy to deliver car to you anywhere if you cover my fuel!

Just to add, the car also has a personalised number plate fitted, valued at £400 on a couple of valuation sites.
For those not sure what the launch car spec is, see this link http://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/sh...ht=launch+spec
The car is a 1999 T reg.

Last edited by Dansrockin; 27th April 2015 at 19:34.. Reason: lower price and new pics added
Dansrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 06:15   #2
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Lovely car, Good luck with the sale Dan
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 14:18   #3
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

Thanks, I'm not having the interest I thought I would! Is tgd price maybe too high? I am open to any offers, I can only say yes or no!
Old 17th April 2015, 16:30   #4
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Hi Dan. just an idea but ...if it was mine , id cash the number plate in and try again , on ebay .or gumtree.Obviously up to yourself ..

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 16:48   #5
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

I had thought about that, but I'm not sure how those sort of sites work. I've never had personalised plates!
Do they buy it off you there and then, or put it on their system until someone wants to buy it?
Old 17th April 2015, 17:05   #6
al_dente
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

It looks like a nice car, but you haven't said what engine it has.
al_dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 17:29   #7
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
I had thought about that, but I'm not sure how those sort of sites work. I've never had personalised plates!
Do they buy it off you there and then, or put it on their system until someone wants to buy it?
Don't know myself Dan..sure someone on here will have the answer .

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 17:33   #8
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_dente View Post
It looks like a nice car, but you haven't said what engine it has.
If you have to ask then you don't deserve to know!
Old 17th April 2015, 17:42   #9
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
No they don't they add it to there database for customers looking for plates
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 18:42   #10
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Assuming the plate has been on there from new, wouldn't it be a mistake to remove it?
Age related plates stand out a mile, and would de-value the car considerably.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote