Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2016, 13:57   #951
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Many who now are here unchecked be they criminals with serious or even murderous conviction in their homeland to the how many in the NHS with false worthless qualifications and other nasties who would never be allowed access. Many have been flushed out convicted and struck off as a trawl of even our pc-imbalanced news media will soon reveal. How mant remain to be flushed out? These include NHS immigrant employees killing patients.

The above was quoted earlier.

With the greatest respect I would substitute the word MANY with FEW. MOST of those who have come to the UK are hard working genuine people. Where I work we use temporary staff frequently in seasonal times. All are from Latvia/Lithuania etc etc. All of them are very hard working, are never lte and are ultra reliable. Its a pity that we are rarely offered indigenous UK employees - Why? Because they don't want to do the jobs on offer or are too lazy to do so. Many of those who have worked with us as temps are now permanent and they are a credit to the company. Our streets would go unswept, or loos un cleaned and many other menial tasks not done were it not for their work ethic.
Old 24th June 2016, 13:58   #952
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL Fox news on the ball....UK to leave the UN

Priceless.....
Old 24th June 2016, 14:09   #953
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

I'm a very bad loser over this because people like my 15 year old daughter are going to suffer over this.

The thread started this morning was generally talking about the consequences of the Leave vote, which is why it's a real shame the threads were merged.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:10   #954
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
Carnival Cruises (Cunard - P&O) are moving their headquarters to Hamburg, Germany as of September 2016, nothing about changing home port as yet, just office jobs to be exported to EU, how many others already have similar as yet unannounced plans.

Is that a consequence of the 'out vote' doubtful and whether or not it's related, the potential job losses will be many times less than when Ford exported the Transit van production line, with cash provided by the EU.
On Bloomberg TV this morning, Ryan Air were interviewed and they said that airfares in Europe will be expected to shoot up as a result of the vote, however Ryan Air added they will always offer the lowest airfares. On the BBC World Service, Nissan were asked if they will be moving their operations out of the UK. The response was tight lipped.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:10   #955
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Why don't we forget free trade with Europe and just ask them how many percent they want to charge us on top, then charge them exactly the same percentage in return?

End of the year we pay out to our exporters so they end up trading freely, and the surplus from us buying more in than we sell to Europe goes to the schools and hospitals fund. Sorted.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:19   #956
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
I'm a very bad loser over this because people like my 15 year old daughter are going to suffer over this.

The thread started this morning was generally talking about the consequences of the Leave vote, which is why it's a real shame the threads were merged.
I have a 14 year old son an I think his Britain will be stronger after today...
Old 24th June 2016, 14:30   #957
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
I have a 14 year old son an I think his Britain will be stronger after today...
But the current evidence clearly points to the contrary.

In addition, a banker has just been on telly reminding us that in all probability, the EU will add fees or tariffs to financial transactions going in/out of London. This may seem abstract to many people, but it will mean lower returns on our savings and pensions. Alternatively, the institutions will move out of the UK altogether, taking their enormous tax contributions with them.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:42   #958
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I began the thread and I am happy to allow it to run its course. I asked that postings be suspended temporarily, following the murder of Jo Cox.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:50   #959
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I'm totally with you bobthebuilder. I do hope we don't cause the rest of Europe to follow suite. I'm so sad that I'm shortly not to be an European citizen.
Old 24th June 2016, 14:58   #960
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Closed Thread