Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th June 2016, 10:26   #921
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Plenty will happen in the two years+ to come. Foreign and internal investment will reduce and I'm sure some financial services will leave, effectively the economy will shrink.

And it's not a matter of trading with the EU or the ROI, we need both. The issue is I believe, the majority of our trading agreements are via the EU and so will need replacing. This will take years on top of the two+ initial years negotiations.

And in response to Harry, the EU will not give us the same trading rights as those nations that pay into the EU, that would be madness for them.
Old 24th June 2016, 10:52   #922
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
But what about the foreign manufacturers who built their factories in the UK to reduce import duties etc to Europe, eg Honda? Will they now upsticks to elsewhere?

Perhaps they should ask the Fishermen for some advice😡

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 24th June 2016, 10:55   #923
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastelmann View Post
First negative consequence: GBP exchange rate decreases. I apprehend this will be just the first of a long list of bad consequences. In particular for UK. Can´t understand that vote. More an emotional decision as a thing of political reason IMHO.
You are absolutely correct in saying that, unfortunately the average member of the public wouldn't understand the very concept of political reasoning let alone applying it to rational decision making, as a result we now enter an area of chaos, financial instability, insecurity as well as becoming a country of inward-thinking, xenophobic, isolated and sad individuals, to top it all we are likely to have political and economic isolation.
The whole thing is a disaster in the making, and ironically, the very section of the public who voted the Uk out, thiese are the people who will most loose out, they just don't know it, yet.
There you have it, a catastrophy in the making.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:01   #924
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Unfortunately democracy doesn't work when the electorate make a monumentally stupid decision.
That is why the ancient Greeks, who invented the idea of democracy, never actually practised it, the State always had most control, its like a game, in order to ensure that you win, you must understand the rules, and if you don't then make certain that you do, BEFORE you start.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:04   #925
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
The out strap-line was 'Take back Control' and the average voter fell for it - we will now be ruled from London and our own elected government with the interest of that average voter at heart. Now won't that be nice? Except, the elite will resume control as always, feathering their own nests and pursuing self interest, not that of the majority working class.

We will of course collectively pay the price, all of us, though some more than others, there is no doubt who the winners and losers will be, and it won't be those who got us into this fix, or by the wish and ambition of the few, are positioned to get us out of it.

Already the £ has fallen, millions wiped off stocks and shares, and a possible double party leadership campaign as they jockey for position and power, as for 'control' - we will have no part in that, we gave away much, and gained nothing.
We've only been out five minutes. It's a little early to start claiming the sky has fallen in.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:08   #926
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Well off you pop then, up to the front door of the WTO or EU and with your superior backbone and ask to for some preferential trading terms. It's already been made clear by them, dream on!
As net exporters to the UK it would be at best naive for the remaining EU members (and that's Germany and France because the satellites do as they're told) to attempt to "punish" Britain through harsh trade agreements.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:15   #927
aguy

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hog View Post
As net exporters to the UK it would be at best naive for the remaining EU members (and that's Germany and France because the satellites do as they're told) to attempt to "punish" Britain through harsh trade agreements.
Exactly. The trade agreements are a two way street. We can drive Japanese cars and use Farm Produce and wines from around the world.
We can impose tariffs too if we desire.
I think the sabre rattling (or throwing toys from the pram) will soon abate.
Old 24th June 2016, 11:21   #928
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

The remain argument and Jeremy Corbyn were a disaster , they made no effort here in Newcastle , what did we get ? Eddie Izzard going on about roaming charges . Nicola Sturgeon is about the only one to come across with any degree of credibility
Old 24th June 2016, 11:25   #929
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Threads merged
Old 24th June 2016, 11:27   #930
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

From an outsiders point of view, I see both for and against the decission.
Yes, theres going to be some short term economic pain BUT on the positive ,I guess the UK has now got back the ability to make its own decissions and decide its future on a whole raft of things,also means you dont have to buy all those european cars with no import taxes which might also help the local manufacturing.
The UK is still and will be a central part of the EU no matter what the EU says, its just to big a player to ignore. As mentioned, the EU is petrified of further defectors so they may well go hard on the UK re trading terms but in the end,they need the UK to be trading with them as they still want to sell there goods somwhere,
It will take time for the dust to settle but it will happen and 6 months from now we will all still be alive and breathing.
Who knows, may even make the UK way more competitive and be allowed to grow and trade with places in the world that the EU would not have tolerated.
Could just be a perfect opportunity for the UK to re vist its trade links to the rest of the world!!
Closed Thread