Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2011, 18:36   #1
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.
Default Your thoughts please

Hi All,

Just up the road from where I live, is a 75 Saloon that has been sitting for a couple of months, so I thought I would go and ask what is happening with it. My intention, if the price was right, was to buy it, and take off the bits that I want to bring my 75 up to scratch.

So, this car is a V reg, diesel saloon. The interior looks immaculate (but is a different colour to mine, so changing some of that isn't possible now). It has no Tax, but was MOTd in January, and hasn't moved since then. I was told that it has 200k+ miles on the clock, but has had a new gearbox. He also had both front suspension arms replaced for the MOT and also had a hydraulic problem and that was sorted at the MOT too. It's got what looks like 4 new tyres (probably for the MOT). There is a bit of rust on the near side rear wheel arch.

The gent said that he is actually looking to sell the car, and when I asked how much he wants, I was told that £700+ was what he was looking for, but he would be prepared to take less.

My question to all you out there in rover-land, is, what would you think is a sensible price for this motor (remembering that I want to strip it really to keep mine going).

Thanks in advance
Richard.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:39   #2
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

not being funny theres some 75's with tax and mot on ebay and autotrader going for less there was someone in the for sale section on here trying to drop a diesel 75 for around £600
ROBBIE G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 18:42   #3
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

The only reason I'm looking at this one really is the fact that it's Moonstone Green like mine, and I need to replace my drivers door, and probably the front bumper, so it's gonna save me having to respray.

I've looked on ebay etc., and seen them cheaper, but it's only about 100 yards from my door, so being lazy really.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 20:13   #4
peter1961
Gets stuck in

99/V connie cdt moonstone green saloon. 94/L 214 cabriolet dark blue

if your prepared to wait a bit you will find one for less than half the price. and it sounds like it would be a shame to break her.

i have just bought, complete full bumper inc f/lights,chrome grille, n/s headlight + wing and a slam panel £100 all within 15mls.

on ebay look at their other parts for sale, give them a ring and ask for other parts. only one part from the above was actually advertised the rest they had lying around doing nothing.
peter1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:30   #5
Martynp
Passed Away

Rover 75 2.5V6 Tourer

Seems a pity to buy it to strip for parts imo
6 months MOT left as well!
Martynp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:34   #6
MisterTomez
Gets stuck in

'00 BMW 535i Auto M-Sport, '99 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

Just a thought...being an early diesel it'll have an FBH...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Trimmed like a first class cabin on the Titanic...before it sank." ---------- "The LPG'd, civilized psychopath."
MisterTomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:34   #7
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Wave £500 in front of him and see what he says.Sounds like it could be saved.Then move it on could be a we earner
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 21:43   #8
keithybhoy
Banned

MG ZT-T190

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealejeffery View Post
Wave £500 in front of him and see what he says.Sounds like it could be saved.Then move it on could be a we earner

i agree £500 and then get it on gumtree for £850 and hagle down to £700-£750 and youve made a couple of ton for ef all effort
keithybhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 16:32   #9
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
Hi All,

Just up the road from where I live, is a 75 Saloon that has been sitting for a couple of months, so I thought I would go and ask what is happening with it. My intention, if the price was right, was to buy it, and take off the bits that I want to bring my 75 up to scratch.

So, this car is a V reg, diesel saloon. The interior looks immaculate (but is a different colour to mine, so changing some of that isn't possible now). It has no Tax, but was MOTd in January, and hasn't moved since then. I was told that it has 200k+ miles on the clock, but has had a new gearbox. He also had both front suspension arms replaced for the MOT and also had a hydraulic problem and that was sorted at the MOT too. It's got what looks like 4 new tyres (probably for the MOT). There is a bit of rust on the near side rear wheel arch.

The gent said that he is actually looking to sell the car, and when I asked how much he wants, I was told that £700+ was what he was looking for, but he would be prepared to take less.

My question to all you out there in rover-land, is, what would you think is a sensible price for this motor (remembering that I want to strip it really to keep mine going).

Thanks in advance
Richard.
I'd say as a rolling project it's OK but if all you want to do is break it for spares then, apart from being a waste of a working car, it's an expensive way to get a replacement door.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:49   #10
Talago
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club SE Tourer 1969 Rover P6 3500 V8 1973 Rover P6 3500 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nealejeffery View Post
This is what I would do. But I would swop over all the good bits and replace them with the bad bits off yours and then sell it on.
Talago is offline   Reply With Quote