Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2011, 19:50   #1
naffdave
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Se 131 Auto

Unhappy Its done it again B****y Car

Just when i thought the car had finally settled down drove to Middlesbourgh injectors still a bit dodgy but much better. Used the rear blind for some of the journey parked up went out a few hours later thought getting hot ill put rear blind back up and lol an behold it wont work at all now was fine on the journey there and checked fuse its fine.

This car is driving me crazy its gotta be the most problamatic car ive ever owned.

Dave
naffdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:00   #2
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

unlucky in 4 years mines had a clutch , tomorrow its having a shock,arm and spring,its been the most reliable car i have owned so chin up things can only get better

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:00   #3
south bank
Avid contributor

2004 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon (Pre-Facelift)

Try my quick fix for the blind. Operate it and as it raises, turn the ignition off leaving it partly raised. Then get some grease, apply to the top runner and then the joints inside the parcel shelf. Drench the motor mechanism in the middle of the parcel shelf in WD40 then get the blind to a fully raised position and leave it there for a day or so to let the grease and oil settle in.

My car's second replacement sunblind started to misbehave but since I did that in a fit of rage one evening, it's worked every time and been much quieter.

Real Wood Dashboard, Chrome Bullet Mirrors, Real Leather Armrest,1.8 Torpedo Badges, Rear Lamp Access Panels, Driver's Grab Handle, Footwell Wall Carpet, Real Leather Handbrake, Rear Ash Tray, Seatbelt Bolt Anchor Caps, Original Cigar Lighter, Original Door Reflectors.
south bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:19   #4
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Sorry to hear of the problem Dave.

The rear blinds just need using as otherwise they go wrong. The above suggestion sounds good though.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 20:22   #5
naffdave
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Sorry to hear of the problem Dave.

The rear blinds just need using as otherwise they go wrong. The above suggestion sounds good though.
I dont think you read my post right the blind has totally stopped working and its down.
Old 4th July 2011, 21:05   #6
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by naffdave View Post
I dont think you read my post right the blind has totally stopped working and its down.
Checked the fuse??Sorry just seen the first post of yours. Fraid you going to have to chase the fault. Start by checking for a supply at the motor when the buttons pushed. Might need a friend or wife to assist.

Last edited by denis; 4th July 2011 at 21:08.. Reason: Sorry just seen the first post of yours. Fraid you going to have to chase the fault.
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 21:11   #7
The Rover Man
Loves to post

Rover 75 Classic CDT SE

Quote:
Just when i thought the car had finally settled down drove to Middlesbourgh injectors still a bit dodgy but much better. Used the rear blind for some of the journey parked up went out a few hours later thought getting hot ill put rear blind back up and lol an behold it wont work at all now was fine on the journey there and checked fuse its fine.

This car is driving me crazy its gotta be the most problamatic car ive ever owned.

Dave
My blind does the same from time to time. I get into the back, lift the parcel shelf slot and tap the motor with a long screwdriver while the wife presses the button. It then raises. Lack of use is the problem.
The Rover Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 21:19   #8
dentricrio
Loves to post

Mk1 R75 Saloon 1.8

Mine stopped after 89000 miles, The tapping it with a screwdriver didn't work for me so I took the rear parcel shelf out and took the motor of the arm and greased it and put it back together, its been fine since. I did find a BMW badge on it though.

(It is not a two minute job, if you do decide to take the parcel self out be careful not to damage the heater elements on the rear screen)
dentricrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 19:32   #9
naffdave
Avid contributor

Would you believe it the rear blind today started working again have tried it four or five times since it stopped yesterday and not a peep then all of a sudden just started working Doh

Dave
Old 5th July 2011, 19:46   #10
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Would you believe it the rear blind today started working again have tried it four or five times since it stopped yesterday and not a peep then all of a sudden just started working Doh

Dave
Exactly the same happened with mine a week ago

In the past when it stopped working a few gentle clumps with a mallet on the underside of the parcel shelf freed it.I like the sound of greasing and WD40, will try that.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote