Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th March 2019, 18:52   #1
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Android radio static noise

Hello guys, recently purchased a 7" 4gb RAM Android head unit for my Rover, and everything works perfectly except one little thing, when I turn the sidelights on, the radio sound is still perfectly clear, but when I switch the dipped beam on, a constant static noise comes on which can be lightly-medium be heard in the speakers, I can't see how these two can be related... maybe it's coming through the illumination wire in the car's iso cabel that connects to the adapter that goes to the android head unit for the buttons' leds? Anyways, the headunits leds are set to turn on as soon as the headunit gets 12v when turning the key in the 1st (ACC) position and not when I switch on the side lights...

P.S: The static noise happens only when listening to radio and not also when listening to usb music, youtube, dvd, etc.
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 19:12   #2
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

That's a new one, I get static when on weaker signals using the radio when the HRW is on, but that's understandable. Isn't any static aerial related? Someone will know
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 07:30   #3
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Also, when the dipped beam is switched on, the rear camera gets "dizzy" and the image is not clear anymore.
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote