Notices

Old 5th December 2018, 19:50   #21
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I think myself lucky for not living anywhere in Norfolk!
There is Africa......

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 20:02   #22
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

This tripe of not contacting the CEO is rubbish. How can it possibly increase costs. CEO' s are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on. The buck stops there. Do not hesitate to contact them
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 20:31   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
I am aware that Openreach owns the network and it is operationally separate from the rest of BT. But, end customers do not have a relationship with Openreach, only with the service provider arms of BT or another service provider that uses the Openreach network e.g. TalkTalk. If an end customer tries to go directly to Openreach, they may be redirected to the service provider, where they should have gone in the first place, or if OR do entertain the call and take some action your Service Provider's systems (i.e. BT Consumer's or TalkTalk's etc.) may get out of alignment in terms of the data relating to your issue, progress towards resolution etc. on their agent/customer facing systems.

As for going to the CEO after just one engineer visit, personally I don't think it would ever be justified. All it achieves overall is an increase in the cost of serving customers and ultimately higher prices for us as customers.

The principle that I always follow is to de-escalate and aim to achieve resolution at the lowest possible level in any organisation. Unfortunately, the world is full of people who think they must have the answer now and who rant when they do not get what they want straight away. Ask anyone running a service business such as a lawnmower repair shop and you will see what I mean. So it really depends on what sort of person each one of us wants to be. Personally, I would like those individuals attempting to provide a service to me to be happy bunnies and to go home feeling that they have dealt with a nice person. I never fail to get what I want!

opps yes you are quite right I'd forgotten service providers. see what a year out does. I apologise

You do indeed ring your service provider to report a fault but if not repaired
no harm in contacting the Openreach CEO.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 20:32   #24
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
This tripe of not contacting the CEO is rubbish. How can it possibly increase costs. CEO' s are ultimately responsible for everything that goes on. The buck stops there. Do not hesitate to contact them
In fact most CEO’s welcome such feedback from their customers. CEO’s often realise that their line management cover up “bad news”. The so called ‘mushroom management’ can be fed upwards and often is.

Contacting the CEO can provide that key individual with the reality of the situation he or she may be isolated from.

I can seriously see no good reason to keep them in the dark about the genuine reasons you are dissatisfied with the service their company is providing.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2018, 20:35   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There is Africa......

But you have lovely weather and beautiful animals, that's the trade off.
Old 5th December 2018, 23:34   #26
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
In fact most CEO’s welcome such feedback from their customers. CEO’s often realise that their line management cover up “bad news”. The so called ‘mushroom management’ can be fed upwards and often is.

Contacting the CEO can provide that key individual with the reality of the situation he or she may be isolated from.

I can seriously see no good reason to keep them in the dark about the genuine reasons you are dissatisfied with the service their company is providing.
Here is a response from Gavin Patterson at BT, source: The Guardian

“I respond personally to customers for two reasons,” says BT CEO Gavin Patterson. “Firstly, because I want to set the right tone – customers pay our salaries and dividends, and without them, we haven’t got a business. As CEO you can say that, but unless you act on it people don’t believe you. Second, customer emails are also a source of insight into what’s going on in the business. I’ll spot trends I haven’t necessarily been told about or other people haven’t noticed.

“It’s very easy for people in senior positions to become detached. In as many cases as I can, I’ll personally reply, acknowledging the complaint and forwarding it to the right person to ensure it gets fixed. You have to have a tough skin – I treat aggressive, swearing emails no differently. If there’s a problem, we’ll aim to fix it as fast as we possibly can.” [email protected].
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 09:14   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Going to the CEO is definitely not over the top. They need to be held to account for failures in their services. Its always my first port of call and believe me it always gets results and fast. Don't hesitate to do it.

Quote:

As for going to the CEO after just one engineer visit, personally I don't think it would ever be justified. All it achieves overall is an increase in the cost of serving customers and ultimately higher prices for us as customers.

Quote:

I am happy for an individual to have the opinion that my opinion is tripe. But, it would help if they were to actually read my expressed opinion, which was

Quote:

As for going to the CEO after just one engineer visit, personally I don't think it would ever be justified.
I recognise that there are individuals who are so full of their self importance that they will want to have the loudest rant at the first sign of them not getting what they want straight away. In my opinion, it is actually a sign of their inability to work with their equals to achieve their objective.

It is often the case in organisations that some people will always escalate to the top of the management chain to get what they want. When that has happened to me, I have always taken pleasure in pointing out that their action was a strong indication of their inability to influence people positively and was thus a failure on their part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
There is Africa......

Suffolk is far enough to be safe!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 09:21   #28
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

As for going to the CEO after just one engineer visit, personally I don't think it would ever be justified.

Now that all depends on what happened on that visit doesn't it. If the customer was left very dissappointed, no matter how many visits one is perfectly justified to contact the CEO. My main point was your claim it increases costs to which I haven't seen any evidence. Reading the entire thread most agree contacting the CEO is a good idea. I rest my case
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 11:24   #29
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

Ongoing saga,tried speed test this morning 44mps,pleased with that. Tried again 2 mins ago,17mps,flashing router lost connection and message "Your connection is not private."
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2018, 11:27   #30
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Complaints are a good thing

A company can learn what is going wrong and put it right. That saves money

Where service is so bad that a letter to the CEO is justified then any competent person, CEO or otherwise, should be able to see that if a systemic problem within the organisation gets sorted, then the savings to that organisation will be substantial.

A complaint is an opportunity to learn and to improve. Keeping the lid on complaints is toxic. A huge mistake.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote