Notices

Old 22nd July 2019, 11:04   #147601
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning Phil - glad to see your car problems are hopefully behind you now - it sounds like your replacement engine is a good 'un.
There was no real end time set by the GP as regards the VT treatment - "use it until the problem goes away" was the suggestion. He did say that even without the treatment, the problem would disappear in a couple of weeks - that didn't fill Angela full of enthusiasm !!

Good to see your missus getting better Rod, It's a lousy feeling .....er feeling lousy. when I have those seasickness conditions my balance is all over the shop, people think you've been on the sherries

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:24   #147602
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Thanks Jeff, got to see the doc for myself this morning, might have IBS or stomach ulcer.
I had stomach problems years ago. Tests, camera down the throat etc, eventually they decided it was IBS . . . . struck me as the medical equivalent of shrugging your shoulders, a term covering any condition they couldn't stick another label on.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:57   #147603
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, Rod and Angela - good news, Angela is feeling better. Keep to the VT schedule, is it for 2 weeks?

Good morning Richard, what a terrible weekend you had, but swollen legs is treatable as long as it’s not lymphatic which is harder to get rid of. Your IBS/stomach ulcer? Is the GP referring you onto a Gastroenterologist for investigations or treating your symptoms. I hope your mum and yourself feel better soon.

Today, I am registering with a new GP, then heading off to look for a new bed. Oh what joys
I am fine tjanks Phil,just had 2 episodes of stomach cramps in 2 months, doc said nothing sinister afoot, but possibly gall stones, so have to go for ultrasound scan. Also got some meds to take that create a lining on the stomach and repair any petforations caused by acid reflux. Take them for 2 months ��As for mum, well I wont know until the doc or nurse has been and taken blood or done furthet investigation.This won’t be until tomorrow, I heard from the surgery today and they said the Dr will visit her tomorrow and take things from there.

Last edited by RPWC; 22nd July 2019 at 15:08..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:15   #147604
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Holy Batman pants It's hotter than
Go away I've had enough.......I'm going to look like a tanned Adonis at this rate with women pestering me for sexual gratification

Old 22nd July 2019, 16:32   #147605
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Morning Phil - glad to see your car problems are hopefully behind you now - it sounds like your replacement engine is a good 'un.
There was no real end time set by the GP as regards the VT treatment - "use it until the problem goes away" was the suggestion. He did say that even without the treatment, the problem would disappear in a couple of weeks - that didn't fill Angela full of enthusiasm !!
Hi Rod, so far so good with the car. My next expense with the car, will be the MOT and road tax in October. I am hoping Angela maintains her mprovement and if she does, the key will have been your tender loving care, the VT treatment and the good GP, something Angela can fall back on in case the dreaded dizziness ever returns. Hopefully both of you are going to take things easy during the hot spell this week.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:34   #147606
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Go away I've had enough.......I'm going to look like a tanned Adonis at this rate with women pestering me for sexual gratification
You've got a vivid imagination Ian - if you can't cope with them all, I'll take few off your hands for you

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:39   #147607
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I am fine tjanks Phil,just had 2 episodes of stomach cramps in 2 months, doc said nothing sinister afoot, but possibly gall stones, so have to go for ultrasound scan. Also got some meds to take that create a lining on the stomach and repair any petforations caused by acid reflux. Take them for 2 months ��As for mum, well I wont know until the doc or nurse has been and taken blood or done furthet investigation.This won’t be until tomorrow, I heard from the surgery today and they said the Dr will visit her tomorrow and take things from there.
Hello Richard, it’s lovely to hear you are getting checked out with an abdominal U/S and the doc has started you on treatment to heal and protect your stomach. It’s good news your mum is going to have her bloods checked tomorrow by one of the team looking after her. You deserve an early night after the bad weekend you had.
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:52   #147608
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Dream on you Pervert, you have got more chance dating a camel. LOL!

Rev

Last edited by Rev Jules; 22nd July 2019 at 21:52..
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 17:04   #147609
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Beggar! I'm getting more clumsier by the day. knocked the bottle of tomato feed over in the greenhouse Just nipped out to B&M to get another one. Saw a few convertibles out in this weather, strong breeze here though which is nice.

The tomato plants in the greenhouse don't half need a lot of watering, I'm worried the tomatoes will start splitting with the amount of water to stop them drying out. 85F in there

Hi Phil, new beds or even new pillows take some getting used with me, It seems to take a long while with me to get comfortable with them.

Hope your Mam gets back into health Rich.

Just booked tickets for the Southport flower show next month, I'm taking my Missus, Mam and sister.
Not sure whether to go in the car or take the train as it's next door to Southport station
Hi Ian

I suppose it depends on what the weather is like for the flower show, if its a hot day, I am wondering will the heat cause the rail track to buckle? Will the trains be cancelled? I am not expecting you to know the answer I wonder if that scenario ever comes up when you are driving the locomotives

The new bed arrives on Thursday. The dealer has agreed for his men to carry it up 6 flights of stairs, with 8 steps in each flight and to do the assembly for us. I asked for a discount and he very kindly knocked £40 off the showroom price. What a nice chap It’s just as well he did, as I received an email with a quote for the annual health insurance and it’s due to be paid by the end of the month, a necessity but one of the downsides of spending winter in the tropics. I am not complaining
Old 22nd July 2019, 17:30   #147610
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
You've got a vivid imagination Ian - if you can't cope with them all, I'll take few off your hands for you

LOL It's all I've got these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Dream on you Pervert, you have got more chance dating a camel.

Rev

Whos let you out of the Vestry? go and play with yer cassock & surplices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Ian

I suppose it depends on what the weather is like for the flower show, if its a hot day, I am wondering will the heat cause the rail track to buckle? Will the trains be cancelled? I am not expecting you to know the answer I wonder if that scenario ever comes up when you are driving the locomotives

The new bed arrives on Thursday. The dealer has agreed for his men to carry it up 6 flights of stairs, with 8 steps in each flight and to do the assembly for us. I asked for a discount and he very kindly knocked £40 off the showroom price. What a nice chap It’s just as well he did, as I received an email with a quote for the annual health insurance and it’s due to be paid by the end of the month, a necessity but one of the downsides of spending winter in the tropics. I am not complaining

Evening Phil, I hope it's not going to be a hot day, I'm not a hot weather person, I like Spring & Autumn, not so much the other two seasons I'll have my work cut out just getting around the place as it is.

There are diversions for most things that plague the railway network although I haven't come across the buckled lines problem yet, I'm only about 50% through those Train Sim routes/scenarios.

It's always nice to get a discount The tumble drier replacement I got last week because of the Whirlpool recalls had a section to fill in on the online form if there were steps up or down to your property.

Never used to be a thing in my day! We used to have a contract with British Gas showrooms back in day delivering gas cookers, they didn't have forklift trucks or anyone to give you a hand getting them off the trailer four feet off the ground, these were the old type enamel upright cookers.

You had to shoulder them off & into the shop on your own, they weighed a ton compared to the cookers today, you daren't knock them as the enamel chipped & they'd refuse it

Probably why my neck & back are cream crackered nowadays

I've just had an email from the Co-0p bank saying they need me to update my details for security reasons and have a mobile phone number to use my online bank account & I need to use that card reader doodah (which I put in a safe place but cant find it) otherwise I wont be able to use my account I hate all this malarkey.

The chap at the Co-Op is sending out a new card reader I'm supposed to shove my debit card into to get a security number or something