Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

how about one of these beauties

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 07:47   #12
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

That's funny !!! Lying in bed this morning feeling rough as a badger behind. Seeing that made me laugh :-):-):-):-)

Last edited by johnnyb44; 26th September 2014 at 08:57..
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 08:39   #13
GMT
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
No vac which plugs into a lighter socket limited to 10amps, can be very effective, simply because the wattage is limited to 120w - compare that to your home vacs 2,000watts.
Which is why i bought one of those Dyson Digital Cordless ones for the house, Does the job 100% and although it did cost me £200 it's worth every penny if afterwards my beloved Connie looks Perfect inside, Everyday She gets done
GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 21:12   #14
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

We have one of the pivot head units, it's great for sweeping up crumbs etc in the kitchen, and use.in small doses . It would be no good for spending 10 mins hoovering your car, it would run out of battery power in half that time.
Old 27th September 2014, 13:07   #15
johnnyb44

Rover 75

Hi again.
The one i was looking at plugs into the 12v aux socket in the car.
Anyway im sorry to say I've gone against all the wise advice given to me and bought one.
In all fairness im quite impressed by it. Its got a decent suction to it and if your car is anything like mine and full of dog hair , small stones , crumbs ect it does the job of cleaning really well. I haven't hoovered my car out for at least 2 months and it was starting to look like a mobile skip to be honest. Now I've got this vacuum cleaner i will do it every week so it should stay pristine with little effort. The build quality is very good and feels like its made out of good quality materials. It comes with loads of attachments to get in all the nooks and crannys. The lead is nice and long so it reaches the boot easily and once finished it folds up neatly in side the storage bag included.
Obviously it not as powerful as a mains Hoover or a cordless dyson but its certainly up to the job of cleaning a car from everyday mess.
I paid 27 pounds for mine which i think is worth it, but i defanatly would not pay the £45 I've seen it going for ( well over priced ).
This is the best12 v vacuum cleaner ive come across so i thought i had better share this with the rest of you good fellows out there just in case ( like me many times over ) you waste your money in the other pitiful excuses of 12v vacs on the market

Johnny

Last edited by johnnyb44; 27th September 2014 at 13:09..
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2014, 20:56   #16
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
Hi again.
The one i was looking at plugs into the 12v aux socket in the car.
Anyway im sorry to say I've gone against all the wise advice given to me and bought one.
In all fairness im quite impressed by it. Its got a decent suction to it and if your car is anything like mine and full of dog hair , small stones , crumbs ect it does the job of cleaning really well. I haven't hoovered my car out for at least 2 months and it was starting to look like a mobile skip to be honest. Now I've got this vacuum cleaner i will do it every week so it should stay pristine with little effort. The build quality is very good and feels like its made out of good quality materials. It comes with loads of attachments to get in all the nooks and crannys. The lead is nice and long so it reaches the boot easily and once finished it folds up neatly in side the storage bag included.
Obviously it not as powerful as a mains Hoover or a cordless dyson but its certainly up to the job of cleaning a car from everyday mess.
I paid 27 pounds for mine which i think is worth it, but i defanatly would not pay the £45 I've seen it going for ( well over priced ).
This is the best12 v vacuum cleaner ive come across so i thought i had better share this with the rest of you good fellows out there just in case ( like me many times over ) you waste your money in the other pitiful excuses of 12v vacs on the market

Johnny
Can I ask what make and model you bought yourself ?
Old 28th September 2014, 21:17   #17
johnnyb44

Rover 75

Black &
Decker PAV1205 Hand Car Vac.