Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th October 2012, 10:22   #11
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

if they want to get the cars established and selling over here they should give the likes of this club a couple
of different models for a year to take to shows etc and drum up some interest in them they would get far more
feedback on what owners want from a car then just trying to sell us something people wont touch
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 17:19   #12
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Mans 190 View Post
if they want to get the cars established and selling over here they should give the likes of this club a couple
of different models for a year to take to shows etc and drum up some interest in them they would get far more
feedback on what owners want from a car then just trying to sell us something people wont touch
No disrespect to the club but I feel that putting the MG6 in front of a 100 or so people twice a year at official club meets where folk would only say they are not as good as the 75 would not drum up sales for them so MG will be unlikely to do that..I think they need to get a BTCC semi replica on sale to apeal to the younger/sportier buyer even more so if they win the touring car championship in their first year with the car.
Cheers Ian
Old 9th October 2012, 16:23   #13
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Good point Ian
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 16:33   #14
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

it needs more word going about mg and more signs that longbridge is doing something.... the car can be a start for them but they need to be more active in pushing the name out there to those who don't read mg stuff , which i do seeing as we have a F and very into things from longbridge .... etc and active in Mg events seeing as we both are involved in the local MG group and Bev is the club sec. and i take photos..... so nowt new there the mg6 drives fine but it needs to get the word out about and get more MG's coming out ...

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2012, 18:45   #15
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

These things take time. I think they have a much slower timescale than people would normally have. A couple of years may not be a great deal to the new owners but a lot to MG fans. I think they will be bringing out a smaller car the mg3 soon. Realistically it might challenge Kia and Hyundai in 10 years and they will no doubt know that a couple of years won't matter too much to them.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 08:26   #16
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
No disrespect to the club but I feel that putting the MG6 in front of a 100 or so people twice a year at official club meets where folk would only say they are not as good as the 75 would not drum up sales for them so MG will be unlikely to do that..I think they need to get a BTCC semi replica on sale to apeal to the younger/sportier buyer even more so if they win the touring car championship in their first year with the car.
Cheers Ian
Yep got to agree with that and I'll be flying the flag for Jason Plato on Sunday at Brands Hatch
Shame they didn't replace Andy Neate as they could have won the constructors championship as well. Although I believe Andy Neate paid for his seat in the team

If anyone from here is going to Brands on Sunday 21st and wants to say hello I'll be in and around the inside of druids wearing my Mg cap

That'll be me

And this is Andy Neates Mg6 taken at Snetterton in August

Last edited by coolcat; 13th October 2012 at 08:30..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 08:34   #17
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

I think the fact remains that there is nothing special about the MG6 to tempt folks away from the most established and less risky brands. They'd probably do better to make a really hot version (KV6?) which probably wouldn't sell well but would improve the profile of the remaining range, touring cars is at least a step in that direction though.
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2012, 08:42   #18
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Indeed, they need to get an oil burner out a.s.a.p and a warmed over version to raise their profile.
Get the Mg3 on sale as well and then get some more advertising going
If Jason does bring home the championship on Sunday.........Milk it for all it's worth
Old 14th October 2012, 18:06   #19
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Well MG are now offering minimum £3000 part/ex on any car with 2 weeks MoT against the MG6.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 18:41   #20
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
Well MG are now offering minimum £3000 part/ex on any car with 2 weeks MoT against the MG6.
That's just a discount. You normally get anywhere up to 10% off list price of any new car.
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote