Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd February 2019, 18:12   #1
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Default Bye bye old friend....

Well there goes another dream - I mean project....
Our old rover 420' v reg (99?).
The wife wasn't impressed but I allways thought it had potential. Shame on us that we let a zsv6 take its place.
I had started its transformation into the car that Rover should have built - Rover 45 front end, motobuild grill, civic discs - mods that transformed the car, reversing the top wishbones and fitting zs v6 shocks and springs to the front, zs straight wheels. Next on the list was a bigger clutch, a rover 600 manifold and turbo, head gas flow, big bore exhaust, stainless back box. Inside I'd bolted a set of ZS seats instead of the dreadful leather things that someone in Birmingham thought were good.

Now its on the trailer on its way to the scrapyard. I will likely rip the engine and box out, lord knows why, I have enough of them. If anyone wants any bits please let me know, pick them up or pay me for postage, I may keep the front seats, try me.
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2019, 21:04   #2
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Update on this, and something that would make @mgjohn smile - the old 400 has 98k on the clock - never had a problem up until one of the block core plugs sprang a leak arount the time we stopped using it.
Anyway, pulled the head off today (metal gasket), everything within was like new - bores, head, etc. Would do another 100k.
So I'll add the engine to my spares stock for now, with a view to maybe using it in the metro. Still not given up on a t series zt though...
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote