Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2024, 15:49   #11
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quick question, do you have a fuel burning heater (fbh) on your car? If so the problem might be coming from that, however, I'm no electrical expert by any means.

Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2024, 15:49   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Can I just say, I bought a battery from a local supplier near me, and when I got it home, I thought I will put it on charge. Before putting it on charge, I checked it on the meter I have, and one cell was duff. Had to take it back and told the chap serving, that there is a caveat that you, the supplier should make sure it is fit for purpose before selling it. (I love to rub those kind of things in.) Evidently, the standing batteries , he said, have to be charged up while in stock, if they are not sold within a certain time period. Perhaps your battery is suffering from one of these faults.
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:47   #13
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Update: so far I have not got round to doing the leakage tests, but I have been leaving the car with the earth removed, and so far, it's been 3 days and the battery is still fully charged, I did this to see if the battery was losing charge itself, had it been flat today, then I would have known the battery was faulty, I will start doing the leak tests tomorrow, I have a multi meter, that is suitable for testing with, if as I suspect I find there is a drain, is there any order to follow when pulling the fuses, as far as I can tell you start with the engine bay fuse box pulling a fuse at a time, until you get a lower reading, and that should be the circuit that's faulty, is that right? and if you find no drop then go on to the main passenger side fuse box, till you find the fuse,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote