Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th December 2012, 14:00   #31
jymix
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 - Legendary Optimist ;)

Here are some pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0058.jpg (123.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0059.jpg (124.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0077.jpg (134.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0075.jpg (122.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0080.jpg (121.6 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by jymix; 16th December 2012 at 14:03..
jymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 14:21   #32
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Vous pouvez simplement ignor des pignons avant. Leur position est sans importance. Ils viennent de fournir un entraînement. Les pignons arrière doivent être en ligne quand tout est prêt à partir, et la broche de sécurité doit être enlevé. C'est tout ce que vous avez à vous soucier!

Si vous regardez l'image de Workaholic, vous pouvez voir les "carrés" qui doit pointer vers l'autre

Last edited by kaiser; 16th December 2012 at 14:25..
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 15:21   #33
jymix
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
Vous pouvez simplement ignor des pignons avant. Leur position est sans importance. Ils viennent de fournir un entraînement. Les pignons arrière doivent être en ligne quand tout est prêt à partir, et la broche de sécurité doit être enlevé. C'est tout ce que vous avez à vous soucier!

Si vous regardez l'image de Workaholic, vous pouvez voir les "carrés" qui doit pointer vers l'autre
Mis à part une photos, pour le reste, ce sont des photos d'avant la pose de nouvelles courroies. J'ai tout aligné hier et serré les vis en mode sans échec.
Ensuite j'ai tourné le moteur sans le démarrer pour voir si ça tape quelque part. Puis j'ai essayé de démarrer le moteur. Le moteur se lance et s'arrête aussitôt.
Ci-joint l'alignement de mes poulies de devant:
pour obtenir cet alignement puisque j'avais un décallage, j'ai tourné la poulie de gauche de 135° dans le sens des aiguilles d'une montre. Pour les poulies arrière, elles étaient bien alignée dès que j'ai mis le moteur en mode sans échec (pas de décallage)...

Aside from a picture to the left are pictures of before installing new belts. I have everything aligned and tightened the screws yesterday in Safe Mode.
Then I turned the engine without starting it to see if he bug somewhere. Then I tried to start the engine. The engine starts and stops immediately.
Attached the alignment of my in front pulleys
for this alignment because I had a gap Photo0075.jpg, I turned left pulley 135 ° in the direction of clockwise Photo0080.jpg.

For behind pulleys, they were aligned when I put the engine in safe mode (no gap)...
Old 16th December 2012, 15:58   #34
kaiser
This is my second home

OK. Si les pignons arrière sont en ligne, en position de sécurité, alors que cet aspect est très bien. Surtout si vous avez activé le moteur à la main en premier. Le moteur est enregistré correctement. Vous pourriez peut-être avoir un autre problème d'approvisionnement en essence.
Il pourrait être utile de vérifier le filtre à carburant sous le siège arrière sur le côté gauche n'a pas commencé à dévisser.
Old 16th December 2012, 16:36   #35
jymix
Avid contributor

J'ai essayé de déclipser l'enveloppe pour accéder au filtre. C'est assez solidement lié. J'ai peur de casser quelque chose. Je vais voir si je peux trouver une documentation d'atelier

Photo0037.jpg

I tried to unclip the cover to access the filter. It is quite tightly bound. I'm afraid of breaking something. I'll see if I can find a workshop documentation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0039.jpg (118.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0033.jpg (118.2 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by jymix; 16th December 2012 at 16:39..
Old 16th December 2012, 16:58   #36
kaiser
This is my second home

.The filter housing has a metal ring on top. You can unscrew this the normal way.
Find a nice flat piece of steel or hard wood, and place that on the knobs and tap lightly (maybe more medium!) on a few of them. It is a normal thread an comes off against the clock. It is unlikely that you will break anything.

The reason I suggest a fuel problem is that you seem to be able to start, but then it dies.

A faulty cam or crank sensor can prevent the car from starting, but is unlikely . to let is start and then die off straight away.

And just a completely stupid question, you do have fuel in the tank, oui?

Last edited by kaiser; 16th December 2012 at 17:09.. Reason: "housing" added
Old 16th December 2012, 17:04   #37
kaiser
This is my second home

Oh, I see you have got it off.

See if it has been jammed with a screw or something like that. Then it is likely that it might have been looked at before.

The lid is supposed to screw tightly and stay there, but the supply pipe is very stiff, and it tends to force the lid off. When it loosens, the inside O-ring no longer seals, and the fuel will go straight back into the tank.

If you have taken it out, it might be a good idea to clean the filter, it sits inside.

When you re-assemble, you have to insert the rubber ring into the canister first (as far as I remember!), otherwise you will not be able to screw the top on.

The fuel line must be pressed rather hard into the lock. You should hear a loud click otherwise it will not lock.

add on: the filter is pushed over a pipe top and bottom, sealed with an O-ring. Pull and turn carefully, the O-ring holds on. Use a bit of dishwashing liquid on the O-ring when you re-assemble.

Last edited by kaiser; 16th December 2012 at 17:08.. Reason: filter info
Old 16th December 2012, 17:36   #38
jymix
Avid contributor

How can we combine both problems at the same time? Unless it is the consequences of a main problem at the base
Old 16th December 2012, 18:22   #39
kaiser
This is my second home

It is unusual for two problems like these to be happening at the same time. But it is not impossible, and it can therefor not be ignored!
The fact that the engine turns over, and runs, briefly, indicates that the mechanical process might be OK or close to OK. Yet the engine does not want to run.

If the mechanical things are not faulty,(like bent valves or a broken piston etc), then your engine should run.

If it does not, then there either IS a mechanical problem (valves bent, wrong timing) OR there is a problem with either spark or fuel.

At the moment it is perhaps the best to verify that spark and fuel is present. The problem with the loose filter is often seen with the Rover 75, and I just think it would be best to make sure, before we start searching everywhere else.

If there are two problems like this, I cannot see that there is a common cause at the moment.
Old 17th December 2012, 09:32   #40
jymix
Avid contributor

I unscrewed the filter housing to fuel tank, but I do not know how to access the filter. Everything is secure. I'm afraid of breaking something by force. Anyone know how to do?
Is that the upper part of the casing is unscrewed? Because it is difficult to get the bottom bracket

Photo0033.jpg Photo0031.jpg Photo0039.jpg Photo0037.jpg

J'ai dévissé le boitier du filtre à carburant du reservoir, mais je ne sais pas comment accéder au filtre. Tout y est solidement fixé. J'ai peur de casser quelque chose en forçant. Quelqu'un sait comment s'y prendre?
Est-ce que la partie supérieur du boitier se dévisse? Car c'est difficile de la décrocher du support du bas

Last edited by jymix; 17th December 2012 at 09:56..