Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd May 2012, 09:00   #11
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Default Wide Awake! And at 1 O'Clock in The Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
As this thread is four years old. It's probably been sorted by now... heh heh...
Well spotted James. Sorry you can't come down to Portland with this grockle and introduce him to all your pals.

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 13:18   #12
markvh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathrowsteve View Post
Just occasionally i'll get it on start up for a few seconds until plugs are hot if the car has been stood up a week or so..... especially if it has been very wet and damp.

However, if the light comes on at normal temperature I would suggest checking the plugs for wear, and HT leads and coil pack connections as a first port of call to eliminate any source of a possible misfire
I had the same problem. Turned tuning box down and it went off for a few days then flickered on and off in the mornings again.

Took tuning box off and again it was ok for a few days then started again.

Fitted a new back box 3 weeks ago(ish), and it went off and hasn't reappeared again, have even put the tuning box back on and is still fine.

Was odd !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
markvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 03:58   #13
CanonEOS1DXuser

Rover 75 saloon

Default Engine light on

I have a 75 Connoisseur 1.8 auto, engine light has come on ( been on since Sat 2nd June), started and run okay up till yesterday after the summer monsoon we had in Notts, fired up then all of a sudden stopped, turns over but refuses to fire up, all other systems work - central locking, lights, air con radio etc, but no joy. Could it be the dreaded ECU taking a bath, or could it be one of the sensors finally going south. P.s no abnormal symptoms like missfiring. Your help would be most appreciated.
CanonEOS1DXuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 06:58   #14
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanonEOS1DXuser View Post
I have a 75 Connoisseur 1.8 auto, engine light has come on ( been on since Sat 2nd June), started and run okay up till yesterday after the summer monsoon we had in Notts, fired up then all of a sudden stopped, turns over but refuses to fire up, all other systems work - central locking, lights, air con radio etc, but no joy. Could it be the dreaded ECU taking a bath, or could it be one of the sensors finally going south. P.s no abnormal symptoms like missfiring. Your help would be most appreciated.
Welcome along. I think you need to check the plennums for water but have a search for F.O.C (fabled orange clip) Love the user name - you are a very lucky person

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 07:17   #15
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Welcome along. I think you need to check the plennums for water but have a search for F.O.C (fabled orange clip) Love the user name - you are a very lucky person
Mark, as the chap has a 1.8, flooded plenums are nor really of major concern, most EML faults I see on the 1800 are related to fuel issues, so yes to FOC, and possibly to lambda anomalies.
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2012, 07:25   #16
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Mark, as the chap has a 1.8, flooded plenums are nor really of major concern, most EML faults I see on the 1800 are related to fuel issues, so yes to FOC, and possibly to lambda anomalies.
Brian
I also think the non start and check engine light are Two different faults, just added the plennums as a new poster and worth checking anyway Need to catch up soon, are you going to the next National?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote