Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2022, 14:56   #1
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 auto connoisseur SE high line

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 13,557
Thanks: 4,414
Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,435 Posts
Default BBC TV licence

Is the BBC licence fee about to be consigned to history? The government are expected to announce the scrapping of the licence fee in the Queens speech.
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 15:59   #2
stevestrat
This is my second home
 
ZT260 #243 (resting)

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Prestonpans
Posts: 21,105
Thanks: 623
Thanked 4,486 Times in 3,264 Posts
Default

How are they going to fund the quality Saturday night programming we have now: Celebrity Catchpoint, Celebrity Mastermind, Celebrity Pointless . . . . take any quiz show and put some low rent celebrities on it. BBC Four - endless repeats, BBC Three - endless drivel.
__________________
Steve


T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stevestrat For This Useful Post:
Old 6th May 2022, 16:51   #3
roverbarmy
This is my second home
 
roverbarmy's Avatar
 
Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Norfolk
Posts: 6,328
Thanks: 699
Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,411 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
How are they going to fund the quality Saturday night programming we have now: Celebrity Catchpoint, Celebrity Mastermind, Celebrity Pointless . . . . take any quiz show and put some low rent celebrities on it. BBC Four - endless repeats, BBC Three - endless drivel.
Couldn't agree more. What is it with these talentless celebrities who suddenly appear all over the box (well, screen nowadays!). Don't get me started on some of these "comedians"! They don't make me laugh at all. I just shake my head in disbelief. The "experts" who appear seem to be no more than gobby chancers.

If our telly breaks, it will not be replaced.
__________________
Oil in my veins!
roverbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roverbarmy For This Useful Post:
Old 6th May 2022, 17:20   #4
wraymond
I will find or make a way
 
wraymond's Avatar
 
75 Auto 2.5 SE

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westcliff on Sea
Posts: 4,821
Thanks: 432
Thanked 1,639 Times in 990 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Couldn't agree more. What is it with these talentless celebrities who suddenly appear all over the box (well, screen nowadays!). Don't get me started on some of these "comedians"! They don't make me laugh at all. I just shake my head in disbelief. The "experts" who appear seem to be no more than gobby chancers.

If our telly breaks, it will not be replaced.
It's called a showbiz pension.
__________________
member no. 235
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 18:10   #5
macafee2
This is my second home
 
Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 13,542
Thanks: 1,599
Thanked 2,970 Times in 2,125 Posts
Default

There is a campaign to stop the scrapping of the licence fee.


If anyone is interested :
https://www.change.org/p/nadine-dorr...sk&utm_term=cs

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 21:16   #6
Norfolk Ninja
Regular poster
 
Norfolk Ninja's Avatar
 
Oddessey Blue 2.5 V6 Auto Saloon Moonstone Green Diesel Auto Tourer

Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: LOWESTOFT
Posts: 96
Thanks: 313
Thanked 80 Times in 31 Posts
Default TV licence

No one is forced by law to subscribe to Sky or Netflix for example. Why should we have to subscribe to the BBC? That's all the " TV licence" is. Let's scrap it and make the BBC compete on a level playing field.
Norfolk Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2022, 00:09   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn
 
Arctic's Avatar
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 16,960
Thanks: 1,097
Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,694 Posts
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norfolk Ninja View Post
No one is forced by law to subscribe to Sky or Netflix for example. Why should we have to subscribe to the BBC? That's all the " TV licence" is. Let's scrap it and make the BBC compete on a level playing field.
I agree with Graham, and have done for a very long time, it will help pay for a bit of electric and gas at least a few weeks anyway.
__________________
Arctic
Givology Learn to Give
Everything is Achievable

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arctic For This Useful Post:
Old 7th May 2022, 00:10   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn
 
Arctic's Avatar
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 16,960
Thanks: 1,097
Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,694 Posts
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Is the BBC licence fee about to be consigned to history? The government are expected to announce the scrapping of the licence fee in the Queens speech.
Not right away i bet, most likely by the great date of 2030
__________________
Arctic
Givology Learn to Give
Everything is Achievable

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2022, 08:01   #9
wraymond
I will find or make a way
 
wraymond's Avatar
 
75 Auto 2.5 SE

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Westcliff on Sea
Posts: 4,821
Thanks: 432
Thanked 1,639 Times in 990 Posts
Default

It's all very well, but there would or could be a rash of adverts. Lord help us, is that not what is wrong with the world already?
__________________
member no. 235
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2006-2022, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd