Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th March 2022, 11:46   #1
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Default Looking for information on accesing the top rear Damper bolts on a tourer

Morning all, The spice tourer has being playing me up over the past few weeks first we had the engine cut out. Plugging the OBD 2 reader it sayd the cam sensor was faulty. so sensor in hand went down to the daughters where she had broken down, replaced the cam sensor still the car would not start.
Checked everything and it came down to the ECU. So fitted new brain key pick up and changed the chip in the key. All was well last Sunday she hit a pot hole on the motorway rear nearside. The shock Absorber is nice and wet.
which brings me to question
1) is there an easy way to get at the top mounting bolts or is it a full boot trim strip out Remembering she is a tourer.
2) The heater blower fan has stopped working no fun in the current weather.
I am confused Where is the heater fan mounted and what is the best way to access it, she is an automatic so only two pedals.
any help in how best to do these jobs would be great. My health at the moment is not great and the mobility issues caused by my arthritis and from my back that I broke 20 years ago are not helping. HELP!!!!!!
many thanks in advance
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 12:58   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Morning all, The spice tourer has being playing me up over the past few weeks first we had the engine cut out. Plugging the OBD 2 reader it sayd the cam sensor was faulty. so sensor in hand went down to the daughters where she had broken down, replaced the cam sensor still the car would not start.
Checked everything and it came down to the ECU. So fitted new brain key pick up and changed the chip in the key. All was well last Sunday she hit a pot hole on the motorway rear nearside. The shock Absorber is nice and wet.
which brings me to question
1) is there an easy way to get at the top mounting bolts or is it a full boot trim strip out Remembering she is a tourer.
2) The heater blower fan has stopped working no fun in the current weather.
I am confused Where is the heater fan mounted and what is the best way to access it, she is an automatic so only two pedals.
any help in how best to do these jobs would be great. My health at the moment is not great and the mobility issues caused by my arthritis and from my back that I broke 20 years ago are not helping. HELP!!!!!!
many thanks in advance
Alan
I can only tell you about the rear shocker, To get to it you do need to remove the side panel which is a P.I.T.A. You can then get to the upper mount support and the top shocker nut. I removed the mount with shocker attached and worked on the bench to swap it over onto the new mount.. Unless someone has an easier way

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 14:06   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

The fan motor is on the right hand side of the centre console and access is from the driver's footwell alongside the pedals. Remove the cover and you should be able to see it, Bit of a s.. to remove I would guess.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 16:58   #4
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

if you need a How To, on how to strip out the rear panels to access damper bolts, pm me your email address

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2022, 19:55   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
The fan motor is on the right hand side of the centre console and access is from the driver's footwell alongside the pedals. Remove the cover and you should be able to see it, Bit of a s.. to remove I would guess.
It is, requires the steering column to be disconnected in the footwell (One 13mm headed bolt) Once the column is out of the way, you can get yourself upside down in the footwell and remove the three bolts holding the fan into the heater casing.

Thank your lucky stars its an auto so there is no clutch pedal to remove as well!
Old 14th March 2022, 08:34   #6
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Here's a post from Arctic that should help with the shock mounting bolts.

It's actually about the sunroof drains but shows how to get the side panel out.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for....php?p=1050655

Hope that helps.

Good luck with your jobs.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote