Notices

Old 22nd June 2022, 20:51   #165611
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I've become less tolerant of really hot weather.

Old and Heat don't mix do they ??

Friday and Saturday were both 40.5 Degrees with close to that overnight as well.------105 F

To make matters worse I dropped an electric drill onto my right big toe joint Friday as well.--Didn't hurt much at first but from then ( Friday. ) to 2 AM this morning, the pain was getting worse and worse. Gradually getting less and less sleep each day because of the agony and being impossible to sleep last night I drove myself to Hospital. Sat around in emergency from 2 am until 4.30 this morning.--The scan showed nothing broken so they gave me a couple of pain killers and sent me home.-( Very bad bruising. )
What they gave me took the cutting edge off the pain and with some ice treatment I now have it just low enough to sleep.--( Sleep deprivation can be a real bath steward over time. )

Nothing much I guess to what I read about with a lot of you older gents getting hospital treatment for.--Wish you all a happy outcome to all your cares and worries.

COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2022, 22:03   #165612
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Overdosed on sun today. Sunburned but only in one, well two, specific places, between the bottom of my shorts and knees, bright red. Nippy as hell. We did a bit of gardening then sat in the garden with the parasol shading Ging but not me, as usual. Didn't feel it at the time, it was a while after I came in, my arms are a bit red but it's just above the knees that are the worst.

Bed, Ging is dayshift so up at five

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 05:41   #165613
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, The pigeon up the chimney woke me up this morning going nuts flapping it's wings at 05:00 with the cats wanting a piece o the action

I've had a open cat basket jammed up against the hole for it to crawl into but no joy. I removed it & tried to grab it but it wriggled free again minus a few tail feathers back up the chimney

Looks like it's going to be even hotter today with a high of 25C

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:47   #165614
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

More blue sky but with high cloud. We might get some of that wet stuff today.

Essential shopping today to Tesco’s.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:49   #165615
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Morning, 5am rise coz Ging is dayshift, lovely! Didn't get a great sleep, mainly due to the glow in the dark sunburnt thighs

Just had to slip Pops her tranquilliser, groomer coming at nine and it takes about an hour to kick in, need to get more. Still bleedin' annoyed with her previous groomer, she trusted him to the point that she no longer needed to be stoned to be clipped, back to square one with the new groomer.

T4 Location Map
Old 23rd June 2022, 06:55   #165616
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, The pigeon up the chimney woke me up this morning going nuts flapping it's wings at 05:00 with the cats wanting a piece o the action

I've had a open cat basket jammed up against the hole for it to crawl into but no joy. I removed it & tried to grab it but it wriggled free again minus a few tail feathers back up the chimney

Looks like it's going to be even hotter today with a high of 25C
Morning Ian, if you are offered a local anaesthetic injection for the biopsy, do take it. The biopsy without the local is painful.
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:04   #165617
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all, we are in Wembley staying with friends for a few days. The weather outlook is cooler and rainy.

The scan of the aneurysms I had the other day in Bristol NHS was basic. The technician doing the scan on the knee gave a blank blank, when I asked for the measurements of the aneurysm in the knee and when I asked about the abdominal aortic aneurysm she said it’s hardly changed, something I didn’t believe. I was the last patient to be scanned and everything was done in about 15 minutes, the scans usually take an hour, so not impressed. I could tell the technician didn’t like me asking questions but I didn’t complain.

This evening seeing a vascular surgeon private to discuss the way ahead.
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:08   #165618
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Morning Ian, if you are offered a local anaesthetic injection for the biopsy, do take it. The biopsy without the local is painful.

Hi Phil Oh yes I'll take the local anesthetic The consultant said the procedure involves legs up in stirrups & they cut you & go in in the space between your 'arris & scrotum I'm gonna be walking like Robert Mitchum after this.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:03   #165619
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Brilliant! The groomer cocked up. Pops was supposed to be 09:00, when I was offered 09:00 on the 23rd I replied "Afternoon, 23rd will be fine" so they thought I meant the afternoon so booked her in for 1pm . . . . if they'd replied to confirm the booking I'd have pointed out the error but they didn't

Coming asap, about 10:30, hope Pops will be ok, tranquilliser will have pretty much worn off by then. She's not nasty but gets herself totally psyched out and upset.

T4 Location Map
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:25   #165620
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Need to get the batteries charged on the DSLR camera, get a really good shot of the woodpeckers!

T4 Location Map