Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th June 2022, 20:11   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Only 62 years ago.----

That's more than my age!
Old 5th June 2022, 20:17   #22
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Whilst I agree it is high, any government would have to obtain replacement revenue from somewhere else to maintain status quo or else CUT expenditure. Where?
I'm sure there are a multitude of instances where where wasteage could have been eliminated.Track and Trace for example.
VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2022, 17:55   #23
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Yes it’s all very upsetting, especially when you realise the tank of fuel cost more than the entire car!!!
Thankfully it’s very frugal…

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2022, 20:10   #24
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I'm sure there are a multitude of instances where where wasteage could have been eliminated.Track and Trace for example.
dont even mention the house of lords .... terrific value for money ... as well as knighthoods ... i think we will stop there. ..
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2022, 23:53   #25
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My Father in the mid 70's came in the front door and swore, ''thats it I am giving up driving f%$£&^g £0.50 a gallon, that is ridiculous). Needles to say he didnt and I expect if he came back for a day now he would be horrified.

I put just over 10 gallons in my car on the way home tonight and it cost me £88. the girl serving was telling me that tomorrows delivery is more expensive, at this rate £2 a litre is only a week or so away.

Sunak gave most of us a lot of money over the last 2 years and I didnt hear many complaining about that. This money has to be paid back and personally I would prefer to pay back £15 a week rather than let them have it all back in one go.

Most of us need a car for work and/or to go shopping but apart from that we can choose if we use our cars or not, a trip to the coast for the day is soon going to be luxury unless you live close.

As far as going electric it depends on your budget and as has been said what happens when we start getting power cuts as the grid is pushed to far? can you imagine ringing the boss and trying to explain that one? Hybrid is probably the best option at the moment, I know of someone who runs a Hybrid and reckons he can travel to work for a month for under £30 as he has free charge points at work.

Once this terribleness has finnished in Ukraine I am sure things will start to settle down but we all need to get used to having less disposable income as we will be spending more on transport, heating and electricity. Maybe we have just had it too good for a long time? I cant see cheap flights ever coming back but maybe that is a good thing if we are thinking about the planet?
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 05:22   #26
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My Father in the mid 70's came in the front door and swore, ''thats it I am giving up driving f%$£&^g £0.50 a gallon, that is ridiculous). Needles to say he didnt and I expect if he came back for a day now he would be horrified.

I put just over 10 gallons in my car on the way home tonight and it cost me £88. the girl serving was telling me that tomorrows delivery is more expensive, at this rate £2 a litre is only a week or so away.

Sunak gave most of us a lot of money over the last 2 years and I didnt hear many complaining about that. This money has to be paid back and personally I would prefer to pay back £15 a week rather than let them have it all back in one go.

Most of us need a car for work and/or to go shopping but apart from that we can choose if we use our cars or not, a trip to the coast for the day is soon going to be luxury unless you live close.

As far as going electric it depends on your budget and as has been said what happens when we start getting power cuts as the grid is pushed to far? can you imagine ringing the boss and trying to explain that one? Hybrid is probably the best option at the moment, I know of someone who runs a Hybrid and reckons he can travel to work for a month for under £30 as he has free charge points at work.

Once this terribleness has finnished in Ukraine I am sure things will start to settle down but we all need to get used to having less disposable income as we will be spending more on transport, heating and electricity. Maybe we have just had it too good for a long time? I cant see cheap flights ever coming back but maybe that is a good thing if we are thinking about the planet?
Sunak has given me nothing, he may have taken a bit less by not taking stamp duty or as much. Do I have to pay for what I did not have? I would not be surprised if after Ukraine we do not see fuel and energy prices fall to pre conflict prices.
Most of us do not need a car for shopping, we nowadays have home delivery.
We are being squeezed from all sides. Those with jobs may be able to earn extra by doing overtime. If they charge more then it adds to inflation. Those on pensions may have to get jobs. Only the "lucky" will go through this time of high living costs without any trouble.
There is still money to be made out there but for now, many will need to spend wisely and reduce the amount they buy.
May be we need to speculate to accumulate.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 10:03   #27
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Fertilizer is £1000 a ton. A "colleague" put £220 worth of diesel in his tractor th other day. Carnt wait till that hits th supermarkets. This just th begining not th end.

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 16th July 2022 at 08:56..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 10:23   #28
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

fuel oil for central heating is 4 or five times what is was a couple of years ago.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 10:28   #29
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Average cost of a tank of diesel now over £100 for the first time I've just put the last bit of petrol from the can into the mower & that will be getting mothballed or sold. I'll be using the hover mower in future. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fle...d-to-go-higher

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2022, 13:23   #30
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I don't recall anything being given to me by Rishi You'll have to give me a heads up on this one!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote