Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th November 2021, 08:44   #31
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

disabling the boats, where does that leave the migrants.........France.
Why would the French want them, if they want to exit the country..... let them, must be their thinking.

How come the French let them in in the first place, oh wait, they have history in letting unwanted people in

Perhaps they are still sore at us for the bombardment of their Navy in WW2 or for beating them at Waterloo or for winning the Battle of Quiberon Bay and that why they let them leave their shores.

macafee2

I have deleted the post i quoted as I have lost track of who posted what and may have attributed quite to wrong person

Last edited by macafee2; 26th November 2021 at 17:36..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 08:49   #32
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default How strange

A large amount of migrants have died and all of a sudden there are arrests on the French side, so why not before? As for highly skilled, I doubt that 1% of them have any skills at all, if they were Doctors or engineers etc, they would have been filtered out on the journey across Europe and offered higher pay than the UK ever would give them. By the time they reach France there's only the dregs left with one reason they want to get to the UK, it's a soft touch and the streets are paved with benefits, many of them get more than a lot of UK nationals in handouts. The UK has a very nice benefits system but pays the poorest pensions, I'd travel across Europe for a chance of getting a free ride, they're not coming for the weather are they. It's time to make it much harder, a hot meal and then shipped right back to their country of origin, real refugees don't have £3000 to pay to be shipped to the UK. The truth is that we're allowing an army of fighting age young men that don't respect our laws or customs to come here without question, it's a recipe for disaster and our children and grandchildren will pay a high price. It's not sensationalist to think the worst, it's a growing problem the world over, import the third world, become the third world. They leave a place because it's become a hell hole and then proceed to turn they place they get to into the hell hole they left, look around at some of the ghettos that are appearing all over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg De7Ha3nUYAEyO_1.jpg (133.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DdWDmemXcAAn2Vu.jpg (41.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Refugees..jpg (32.6 KB, 33 views)
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 09:37   #33
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

There's a certain degree of NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- being spouted by some on here!

If you don't think the UK is involved in any warfighting, have a look at Op Shader and Op Barkhane, and then look at the RN's commitments in the Persian Gulf, Caribbean and Far East.

If you want to know why people are flocking here from the Middle East and Africa, look at what jihadists are doing to ordinary people in those regions. If you're not familiar with ISGS, ISWAP and various other factions, and what they do, maybe now is the time!

And the idea that people come here because they 'won't be executed for rape' - seriously? The illegal immigrants may well be after all the benefits our country has to offer, but the suggestion that they are sexual predators looking for a safe haven to carry out appalling crimes is just absurd.

Finally, whatever your views of Brexit, it should now be clear that the whole business of 'taking back control' of our borders was a myth. We had full control of our borders even within the EU, but successive British governments chose not to impose a cap on how many EU citizens came here to work. All that has happened is that we have restricted the number of hard-working people who broadly share our values, and funny old thing, we can't now fill all the jobs in care homes, meat processing, haulage etc (yes I'm aware that there are other factors which have contributed to the shortages as well). The number of people trying to enter this country illegally hasn't changed, because that was nothing to do with EU membership. The only difference is that the EU is less likely to sympathize with our situation since we told them to do one!
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 09:42   #34
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
A large amount of migrants have died and all of a sudden there are arrests on the French side, so why not before? As for highly skilled, I doubt that 1% of them have any skills at all, if they were Doctors or engineers etc, they would have been filtered out on the journey across Europe and offered higher pay than the UK ever would give them. By the time they reach France there's only the dregs left with one reason they want to get to the UK, it's a soft touch and the streets are paved with benefits, many of them get more than a lot of UK nationals in handouts. The UK has a very nice benefits system but pays the poorest pensions, I'd travel across Europe for a chance of getting a free ride, they're not coming for the weather are they. It's time to make it much harder, a hot meal and then shipped right back to their country of origin, real refugees don't have £3000 to pay to be shipped to the UK. The truth is that we're allowing an army of fighting age young men that don't respect our laws or customs to come here without question, it's a recipe for disaster and our children and grandchildren will pay a high price. It's not sensationalist to think the worst, it's a growing problem the world over, import the third world, become the third world. They leave a place because it's become a hell hole and then proceed to turn they place they get to into the hell hole they left, look around at some of the ghettos that are appearing all over.

Interesting pictures you have included at the bottom of the post. Are you able to explain what the middle one is trying to say?

To anyone not familar with this thread, I suspect Israel will be the odd one out because it is the only country of the lot that has not been liberated by western countries or our allies in recent years from the rule of their chosen dictators.

Last edited by MSS; 26th November 2021 at 09:45..
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 10:36   #35
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

[QUOTE=macafee2;2909654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLM View Post

disabling the boats, where does that leave the migrants.........France.
Why would the French want them, if they want to exit the country..... let them, must be their thinking.

How come the French let them in in the first place, oh wait, they have history in letting unwanted people in

Perhaps they are still sore at us for the bombardment of their Navy in WW2 or for beating them at Waterloo or for winning the Battle of Quiberon Bay and that why they let them leave their shores.

macafee2

Ian - I think you need to edit your post as some comments made by others are appearing to be attributed to Simondi.
MSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 10:48   #36
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
Finally, whatever your views of Brexit, it should now be clear that the whole business of 'taking back control' of our borders was a myth. We had full control of our borders even within the EU, but successive British governments chose not to impose a cap on how many EU citizens came here to work. All that has happened is that we have restricted the number of hard-working people who broadly share our values, and funny old thing, we can't now fill all the jobs in care homes, meat processing, haulage etc (yes I'm aware that there are other factors which have contributed to the shortages as well). The number of people trying to enter this country illegally hasn't changed, because that was nothing to do with EU membership. The only difference is that the EU is less likely to sympathize with our situation since we told them to do one!
Yes I agree. The myth of taking back control, served its purpose at the referendum, sensible people saw it for what it was. The people who said it, need to be taken to task IMO. I cannot see a resolution to this as we have poor relations with the EU, France in particular. Unfortunately as a third country now, one that has just left the EU, we will not be helped even if we donate many more £’s to France. Luckily the winter weather will come to our aid but the problem will not go away.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 11:02   #37
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

We need Captain Mainwaring and crew to man the beach defenses. Our country is just too attractive. We take a lot for granted here and need to appreciate what we have but also protect it too. Why bother having an immigration system if we can't control it?Unfortunately for many of the incomers, the grass isn't always greener here. Perhaps we could swap some of our shirkers for would be workers?
Old 26th November 2021, 11:06   #38
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
We need Captain Mainwaring and crew to man the beach defenses. Our country is just too attractive. We take a lot for granted here and need to appreciate what we have but also protect it too. Why bother having an immigration system if we can't control it?Unfortunately for many of the incomers, the grass isn't always greener here. Perhaps we could swap some of our shirkers for would be workers?
Dad's Army would do a better job than our border force!
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2021, 12:56   #39
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Border farce!
Old 26th November 2021, 13:20   #40
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I find the current situation with regard to these migrants as tragic, not a subject to make fun of.