Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'll join in by banging my drum again:

Choices (should) have consequences.

If someone "choses" to live wherever IMHO they automatically chose to abide by all the laws of wherever they live. If I choose to go and like on Klingon then I automatically chose to abide by their laws.

Now, if someone chosees to break any of those laws by, say, drinking and driving, then they get what's coming.

As for some consideration because they are of another nationality I have a very simple solution.

Any conviction for any criminal offence is deportation and seizure of all assets by HM Govt. Never to be allowed to come back or have any financial or other interests here.

Choices and consequences........

And, of course, foreign nationals cannot receive any benefits whatsoever until they have paid a significant sum of money into our system.

I'm perfectly happy for them to receive a benefit that is exactly the same as one available in their country to UK nationals. Not a similar benefit, one that is exactly the same. A true reciprocal arrangement.

Maybe there should be an EU or even Global benefit system?

And don't get me started on the recent Polish slave bosses pathetic sentencing....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-smashed.html

Andy.
What is damning about the reports on this Polish Slave gang is that they had people meeting the victims as they arrived in the U.K. to facilitate the opening of Bank Accounts, Registering for Benefits and obtaining NI numbers.

Not only is the ability of such a gang to do this for so many years deeply worrying - and nobody within the “system” identified what was going on - but that it took a Charity “Hope for Justice” to investigate what was going on!

But for Hope for Justice the abuse of the individuals AND the U.K. welfare system would still be happening today under the noses of the “Authorities”.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2019, 13:34   #12
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

With regard to the woman driving whilshtshomewhatsch over the limit there is another aspect that really really irks. The underlying, and so far at least only hinted at in this aspect, lie that surrounds the claimed reason for her self-imposed plight.

That is the original and ongoing totally unfounded and deliberate base accusations of racism towards certain people who had the temerity to be in a majority. Why else at this late stage would that subject be raised if not for malevolent reasons? Perhaps a coincidental and misogynistic connotation might be found as well.

Treading most carefully to avoid the obvious elephant traps, it beggars belief that a subject totally outside the legal principles of the charges is raised to bring about a, so far latent, subject that is bound to raise hackles. Also to seek excuses for criminal behaviour and to blame it upon erroneous subjects, contrary to UK law but in support of ‘national’ movements.

One despairs that even at this late stage there are distinctly unsavoury elements trying to blow everything up by lobbing grenades. My Scottish Grandma’ (Bessie) will be skirling in her Caledonian rest. On the other hand, at least she is looking outwards.
Old 7th July 2019, 14:33   #13
Darcydog
This is my second home

Default There is a positive to this.....

I’m at a BBQ and I confess - I have had far too much Shiraz to drive.

So I gave the keys to SWMBO and she was not impressed....

So I said “Well I could blame Brexit” - and several people around us fell about and brought up this silly Swedish lady.

I reckon I got away with it
Old 16th July 2019, 18:06   #14
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'll join in by banging my drum again:

Choices (should) have consequences.

If someone "choses" to live wherever IMHO they automatically chose to abide by all the laws of wherever they live. If I choose to go and like on Klingon then I automatically chose to abide by their laws.

Now, if someone chosees to break any of those laws by, say, drinking and driving, then they get what's coming.

As for some consideration because they are of another nationality I have a very simple solution.

Any conviction for any criminal offence is deportation and seizure of all assets by HM Govt. Never to be allowed to come back or have any financial or other interests here.

Choices and consequences........

Andy.

Indeed they should.

All too often in my local paper the court reports are littered with those who think they can get away with speeding, because they need to drive for work or those lowlifes that think they can steal/burgle/shoplift and get away with it because they have a drug habit.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 18:46   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Indeed they should.

All too often in my local paper the court reports are littered with those who think they can get away with speeding, because they need to drive for work or those lowlifes that think they can steal/burgle/shoplift and get away with it because they have a drug habit.
Oh how I agree with you.

I am both amazed and horrified at what our front lines Cops have to deal with.

Only a few days ago they had a cctv programme on the box that showed a scrote robbing a shop and saying to the victim that “he needs the money” (for his drug habit!)

So clearly in his view the shopkeeper has less rights to the shop takings for that day than he did - not only that - he was prepared to brandish a knife at the shop assistant to get what he thought he had a right to have because rather than working he felt he could rob those that DO work so he can cater for his selfish “habit”.

IMO - what he “needs” is about 2 years on a chain gang - no drugs and no pampering - and lots of truly hard work to earn his place back in society.

But no doubt those “in charge” will feel society has let HIM down rather than the other way round.