Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th December 2009, 16:01   #1
jamesgreen
Loves to post

MG-ZT CDTI + ROVER 75T CDTI

Default towbar fitting electrics

hi all
been doing a few jobs on the tourer today eleaking water in the boot so took of the bumper and put silicone around the vents.made very easy by the howto from another member (thanks made life easy ripping the inside to bits).then decided to fit my towbar as i had the rear bumper off.all gone very well but now i am comeing to the bit i hate putting in the electrics.first thing where do you poke the wire through the body from the external electric socket.
2nd i bought a bypass kit.this is the bit not to happy about cos i dont want to blow my car up by ballsing it up.
any help appreciated gents

regards
james
jamesgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 19:37   #2
mikey_32
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer 02 club se cdt remapped

Hi James I've fitted 2 tow bars to 75's (not the same car lol) and onn bith times I've used a smart relay, niether have given me any trouble and worked 1st time no problems, just take your time make sure you're certain of which wire does what and go for it, you'll be fine!
Old 13th December 2009, 06:00   #3
Kai Herb
Gets stuck in

MG ZTT+ 2.5 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesgreen View Post
first thing where do you poke the wire through the body from the external electric socket.

regards
james
Hi , when i was retro fitting my parking sensors on my Ztt i used a blanking grommit located midway down the drivers side of the spare wheel well.I just made a hole in the center and made sure all the exterior wiring was well wrapped in insulation tape and then fed it through the hole.

HTH
Kai Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2009, 19:06   #4
Devilish
This is my second home

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Herb View Post
Hi , when i was retro fitting my parking sensors on my Ztt i used a blanking grommit located midway down the drivers side of the spare wheel well.I just made a hole in the center and made sure all the exterior wiring was well wrapped in insulation tape and then fed it through the hole.

HTH
Thats the way to go. When you run your live supply, put the fuse close to the relay box, it will save messing about under the glove box if you blow a fuse. Handy if you are renting things to tow, that people tend not to care for too well.