Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th May 2020, 14:18   #1
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts
Default Back on the water...

The RYA (Royal Yachting Association) has been instrumental in lobbying government to get the leisure boating industry re started in some capacity during the Covid19 crisis.

Last Wednesday it was announced that all boating activities could commence where possible and with government guide lines implemented.

Following on from this our Marina contacted us to let us know we could now visit and use our boat. The stipulations in place are maintaining social distancing. Only allowed on site between 08.30-18.00hrs with no overnight stay or not returning boat within those hours to the marina. The on site facilities (toilet/shower block, waste collection point etc) are to remain closed until further guidelines announced .
So.......yesterday I went up to the boat for the first time in two months (since lockdown) and had a lovely day out cruising in company with my next door but ones marina neighbour.
Our boat started both engines first time and all was ship shape and Bristol fashion .
It was very quiet on the rivers which was lovely, not so much for all the businesses that rely on boating trade though
All the riverside Pubs are closed of course for the moment.....I took provisions with me from home to keep my fed and watered for the day.

Just a few phone snaps from our day out on the water.

IMG_8562 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

IMG_8551 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

IMG_8552 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Last edited by coolcat; 20th May 2020 at 14:24..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote