Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd September 2020, 11:10   #1
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Default Rover 75 Contemporary SE Diesel

**Deposit received**

With regret I have to offer for sale, through no fault of its own, my lovely Contemporary SE saloon.

The car is finished in Starlight Silver and has covered 141500 miles, although this will slowly rise. Strong, quiet and smooth diesel engine and manual gearbox. It is in good condition and I will make it available for any inspection.

The car is presently MOT'd until September 2021.

The car is fitted with the full black heated leather sports seats with electric adjustment and 3 position memory on the drivers side. The seats have very little wear to them with only a small crack in the vinyl side panel of the drivers bolster.

The car has rear parking sensors, cruise control, xenons with headlight wash, heated washer jets, powerfold mirrors, manual rear sunblind, Harmon Kardon 9 speaker system and sunroof.

The sunroof has no leaks at all! In fact the car has no leaks anywhere, all known points have been sealed by myself and previous owners. One of the benefits of the previous 2 owners of this car being forum members.

Just about all known modifications have been completed including plenum drain mod, bonnet release mod, sunroof drain mod, 'rubbing pads' within the engine bay around susceptable wiring and hoses.

It has also been fitted with a boot mounted emergency triangle, twin ppd horns, gold fan resistor, 'fit and forget' BMW pcv filter, new smiley number plate set with MGR Longbridge logo on the bottom edge, additional accessory socket within the central cubby, ambient 'marmite' interior lighting under each door armrest, rear seat pop out cupholder, drivers side cupholder, additional sound deadening within the door panels, number plate pcb soldered, Croft door finishers, genuine Rover floor mats and of course the wonderful 160 remap from a trusted forum member and former trader.

A working FBH has been retro fitted and is a blessing during the winter.

Recently the car has been clayed and polished and the headlights have been polished. 4 recent tyres which still look 'near new' and a new lower offside wishbone with rear bush and droplink that side.

I am in possession of a very large folder of paperwork from throughout the cars life including the bill of sale and invoices totalling thousands. The paperwork had thinned since I took custody of the car as I have done as much work as I can myself with the garage only getting it's mits on it for jobs I wasn't able to complete. I also have the original dealer issued number plates.

I have owned the car since March 2015 when it had 99k. Since then it has been well looked after to continue the care it has previously been shown. Serviced by myself each year or more.

The car is presently fitted with Radioguy MG7 style rear light clusters (with 2 spare led rings), a PPD walnut dash set (which to my mind really compliments the black leather) and a Kenwood Bluetooth DAB radio with two usb inputs and front 3.5mm jack socket.

In addition I have a full set of Continental Wintercontact tyres on 15" Rover Contour alloys, a set of headlight protectors and various other spares accumulated over years of 75 and ZT ownership such as a replacement back box exhaust, a.c. compressor track rod end, lower nearside wishbone and rear bush, a droplink, stainless egr bypass etc...

The original rear lights, stereo and black oak dash set will be supplied if required.

I would describe the car as good but not perfect condition. I have had to touch in a couple of minor marks on the lower front bumper and there is the odd stonechip. Everything works and there are no leaks. Happy to provide further pictures on request.

I offer the car, with all listed above, at £1400 ono. £1200 reverted to standard plus the fbh.

The plate shown will not be sold with the car and it will revert to MF54BJY.

I live just outside Dundee, Scotland. More than happy to collect any buyer from the train station, just as I was when I travelled to Carlisle to collect the car!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Coups; 2nd November 2020 at 08:45..
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2020, 11:12   #2
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

A new MoT has been obtained with one advisory for the nearside wishbone rear bush - worn but not resulting in excessive movement. I replaced the offside not long ago and have the nearside one in the garage.
Old 23rd September 2020, 10:50   #3
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

A couple of questions have been asked. I'll post any relevant info here.

At present the car is not advertised elsewhere. Silly I know but I do have an affinity to it and want to see it looked after.

I do not have any knowledge of the clutch having been replaced. I can say the clutch has good feel and travel and has never given me cause for concern. It has been a commuting car mostly on dual carriageway so has led a reasonably easy life!

There are two original keys with recent and undamaged shells.

This model is fitted with the side and curtain airbags giving 6 airbags in total.

Happy to consider offers!

Old 27th September 2020, 18:55   #4
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Reduced price - £1200 with the standard spec plus the fuel burning heater. £1400 as she sits to include the spares collected over the years.

Old 23rd October 2020, 18:10   #5
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

A weekend bump. Still available!

Old 26th October 2020, 17:18   #6
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

A deposit has now been received from a forum member for this car. I'll be really sad to see it move to it's new home but very happy it will be looked after.

Old 28th October 2020, 17:23   #7
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances the gentleman who had left a deposit on this car has had to withdraw. Consequently the Rover is still available.

The number plate has been changed and has reverted to it's original- MF54BJY.

Last edited by Coups; 28th October 2020 at 17:26..
Old 2nd November 2020, 08:45   #8
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

A deposit has been received. Very happy to say the car is staying in the club. Thank you for the interest.