Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th March 2015, 22:14   #111
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Looking good Fraser. Love a 75 in Royal Blue. It just sets off the brightwork so well.
Old 5th April 2015, 20:49   #112
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Thanks Tim!

Since the last update, quite a few bits and pieces have been done.
First of all, I bought a brand new high line IPK ages ago, and never got round to fitting it! Thanks to some T4 genius, I now have a working high line IPK, complete with digital speedometer. However, one issue was the fact that my IPK was for a diesel car for the European market, with a speedometer uniquely in kilometres. However, with sincere thanks to Marinabrian for talking me through the process, several times, I was able to transfer the dial faces, refit the needles, and have everything just about perfectly lined up, despite the best efforts of whoever had been inside my car's IPK in a previous life (airbag light completely removed).
It's brilliant having an IPK, for the first time ever in this particular car, and especially as it has no lines.

In addition to this, I have had to fit two new front tyres, and swap some wheels around, as the fronts were ruined. The wheels came with Uniroyal Rainsports, and really, I found them pretty disappointing. As a result, when looking for new tyres, I wanted the best I could get locally, for my budget. After a lot of research, and dithering, I settled on Dunlop Sportmaxxes, which are exceptionally quiet, and give very impressive levels of grip. I will definitely be getting another pair of these for the rear of the car in due course!

Used the Scimitar constantly for a couple of weeks, in the interim, too. In other news, the P6 project will be really taking off in the next month or so.

Some photos, as per!

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2015, 17:08   #113
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Your car always looks so good, Frazer!

You're certainly right about the serpents - I have them on my car and I also think they make the car look a lot more 'modern'.

Keep up the good work, and as always, watching with interest!
Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 20:43   #114
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks, Tim! I do what I can, although the car needs to earn its keep.
Your car looks fantastic, and Copperleaf suits 75s so well.

Since the last update, the 75 has been used a bit, and so has the Scimitar. The Scimitar unfortunately, has suffered a mouse attack, having sat for just three days, which has ruined the driver's seat, so a new cover is on its way.

Meanwhile, the 75 has done sterling service, helping a friend to get a new interior for his Mondeo, and carrying Land Rover parts around the country. As such, the interior was looking pretty grubby, so today saw me treating it to a thorough clean.
I wet vac'd the carpets throughout, and tried my best to get the last of the clutch fluid out of the driver's carpet. It's still not right, but it's a lot better. While there, I fitted a clutch pedal rubber which I got from a much lower mileage car, which has freshened things up a bit.
I then cleaned all of the interior plastics. The seats were cleaned, and then fed with gliptone, which I love the smell of, and must admit to using far more often than is necessary.
The walnut dash was polished with beeswax, and the rest of the 'wood' was cleaned with furniture polish.
All rubber seals were done with Autoglym vinyl and rubber care.

I treated the car to a quick wash, too, to bring it up to scratch. I've noticed the rear tyres that came with the Serpents are also knackered, so on Monday, the car will be fitted with another pair of Dunlop Sportmaxxes. Once this is done, the car should be a lot quieter, and will hopefully ride pretty serenely.

Oil service isn't far off, and I'll probably do this one myself, to save a bit of cash.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 15th April 2015, 20:52   #115
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Since the last update, the car has now got four matching Dunlops fitted, and it's noticeable quieter than it was on the Uniroyals. It seems a little more compliant, too. Overall, I'd certainly recommend them to anyone.

In other news, while having a look underneath, I've discovered that the back box is blowing, which is rather disappointing, given that it's only been on the car for 18 months, or thereabouts. It's a Bosal one, and has been quiet enough, but I think this summer, I'll most likely purchase a stainless steel system, but it'll need to be as quiet as the car is currently, or I'll not be happy.

Other than that, I've spent some time washing, polishing, and waxing the car this evening, since the weather has really picked up, after constant grey skies, and rain.

Here are a few photos.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 15th April 2015, 23:06   #116
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Looks fantastic.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2015, 20:16   #117
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Now that uni's out of the way for the year, I've embarked on some massive fleet maintenance. So, first-up, was the 75. It was getting to the point that I thought it was needing a service, at least. So, just an oil service this time, genuine MGR filter, and Mobil 10W40 semi-synthetic.
While carrying out checks, I decided to investigate the knocking that has developed at the front end. As a result, the car needs wishbone bushes done, pretty urgently, due to the amount of play that I discovered. Further to this, the front coolant pipes are beginning to look very scabby and, I no longer trust them. As such, I will need to order these parts, and fit them, very soon.

Other than that, it'll need waxoyled again, as the winter has taken a lot of it off. I've decided to reduce my service intervals to 7500 miles now, as the car's hit 125,000, and I think I should be making more of an effort with maintenance as it's getting older.

Next stop is the Rover P6 Northern National at Bowes, on Sunday.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 3rd July 2015, 13:08   #118
Sebastienclement
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

Nice work, as always! Maintenance really is key with these cars, and its great to see it being cared for so well

Mine has just had a bit of a going over from Trikey so all set to go back into daily service for me!
Sebastienclement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:29   #119
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Looks great. Looks like my car, minus the serpents
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 18:07   #120
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanks for the positive comments!

The work hasn't been as comprehensive for much of the summer, as I've had absolutely no time to myself, and I felt more interested in working on the P6, and Scimitar, when I had any time off.

Anyway! Over the last couple of weeks, work has begun in earnest on the car.

With a big thanks to John, I fitted a new engine mount, and have looked at doing the rear bushes on the front wishbones, which I intend to sort tomorrow morning. The rear exhaust box will also be replaced this week, if time allows.

Last week was my birthday, and I received a new registration from my girlfriend, which I've now got transferred onto the car. I'd been after this reg for a long time, but it seemed I never had the spare cash, so I'm extremely pleased with it!

The car has covered a reasonable number of miles; 5000 since the last oil change, this summer, so I intend to stick to my new regime of 7500 mile intervals, meaning another oil and filter change will be done at the end of the month, most likely. I also want to change all six spark plugs.

Today I finished the painting stage of the underside work I've been doing on my 75. The front subframe, and the floors have been done over a few days, with an hour here and there, so today I finished the rear subframe, suspension arms, and boot floor. All done in POR 15. The rear arches will be painted tomorrow afternoon, if I have time. The next stage is plastering the car in black waxoyl, and drilling lots of holes to inject the cavities. Then once that's done, the car should last me a few more years, as long as the MOT man is happy near then end of the month.

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI