Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th September 2011, 12:22   #121
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Although relatively new to this website and this also apologies for contributing to a thread that has nothing to do with me: Does anyone not find it strange that there are so many 'new' people with only one or 2 posts asking this question and then never commenting again? On the other hand someone who is a paid member and has posted many times is not considered suitable for the info?
Am not sure how keeping the info for only sending to people via PM helps keep it safe from people with unscrupulous ideas, no one has a clue who these new people are the instructions are being sent to do they? Or have I got it wrong, in which case sorry!
i agree , the purpose of this club is to keep the cars on the road ,how are people able to do that if they cant open the bonnet to carry out a repair ? lets face it if you wanted to steal a car no matter how it is belled up the car would be gone ,same the bonnet being stick ,if someone was after say a maf they would just force the bonnet open and not worry about any damage done to the car ,i think if the mods want to keep this secret then maybe the way to release the bonnet should be included with other in and tips in the welome pack for members future use,this is just my opioin of course
Old 17th September 2011, 10:18   #122
wa209

mg zt-t 1.8t

Well....got into the bonnet...and found that the drivebelts were about to go !!!!...nothing to do with the bonnet release which was a pure coincidence.
Anyway...got a local garage to look at it..just a quick advice. As i understand there are a number of belts that should be changed at the same time as the drivebelt...a/c and p/steering ?
Anyone have an idea at the cost as i have not taken the car to this garage before and would like a ball park figure to compare ?
Thanks for advice
wa209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 01:45   #123
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinimin View Post
Hi, I have stuck bonnet syndrome & need to get in as have oil leak from passenger side of engine! Cheers
PM sent, - Apologies for delay, but have been away for a few days......

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 02:11   #124
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Although relatively new to this website and this also apologies for contributing to a thread that has nothing to do with me: Does anyone not find it strange that there are so many 'new' people with only one or 2 posts asking this question and then never commenting again? On the other hand someone who is a paid member and has posted many times is not considered suitable for the info?
Am not sure how keeping the info for only sending to people via PM helps keep it safe from people with unscrupulous ideas, no one has a clue who these new people are the instructions are being sent to do they? Or have I got it wrong, in which case sorry!
"New people", as you put it, tend to be in the main, owners who have a problem. In this, we try to help them out as members whether subscribed or not. This is common and they will re-appear when they have another problem. In the meantime they maybe only viewing posts which address their problem(s).

We do our best to "vet" members, and do not issue these instructions without an expressed request as they have a current problem. The info. is NEVER given out on a "just in case" basis. As I was told when I tried the same question And so that policy is continued. The whole basis of the Club is based on trust..... So all we can do is adjudge the requests on their merit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
i agree , the purpose of this club is to keep the cars on the road ,how are people able to do that if they cant open the bonnet to carry out a repair ? lets face it if you wanted to steal a car no matter how it is belled up the car would be gone ,same the bonnet being stick ,if someone was after say a maf they would just force the bonnet open and not worry about any damage done to the car ,i think if the mods want to keep this secret then maybe the way to release the bonnet should be included with other in and tips in the welome pack for members future use,this is just my opioin of course
As above, if it was "secret", as you imply, why would we release the info? The basis is, that the info could be used for nefarious activities by unscrupulous people. Hence why we have a procedure to follow to obtain the required information, and why we request that recipients make an "affidavit" not to promulgate the information received, but to direct all enquiries to the Mods...

So for those that really need the information, it is available, and as a result of the procedure, the Club cannot be held liable, should the information lead to a loss of a member's car or any part(s) thereof. (Or for that matter any other owner's car).

This info is not, therefore, available from the Club's forums as a general piece of information. We need to not only protect the members' cars, but also the Club.

Any post pointing as to how to open the bonnet (or boot) will be summarily removed. End of.... For the benefit of all of us.

Andrew
Ich Dien

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st September 2011 at 02:17.. Reason: typo
Old 24th September 2011, 00:42   #125
geesmith
Regular poster

Rover 75 '03 Connoisseur CDT Auto Saloon prescription windscreen model

Post Farewell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt

Thank you for your concern Matt and Chris. I have absolutely no clue what could possibly mark me as an unscrupulous person so I presume the fact that I was hoping to assist an elderly neighbour rather than fix my own bonnet explains the info being withheld. The fact that I was explicitly honest worked against me. That's not unusual in life.
Fortunately for my neighbour the info was immediately forthcoming from the other sources that I queried online so the task is now remedied.

My last Managing Director stated that i was the only person in a staff of more than 60 that he would trust with his wallet. I presume I wasn't being referred to in the "vetted" comment.
I'm trusted explicitly by anyone that gets to know me and I didn't get where I am today without knowing when my welcome has expired.

Gosh, I've been exceptionally polite!

If only one could claim a partial refund of ones misspent tenner. hey ho. Bye

Last edited by geesmith; 24th September 2011 at 00:45..
geesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 01:16   #126
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geesmith View Post
Quote:
Thank you for your concern Matt and Chris. I have absolutely no clue what could possibly mark me as an unscrupulous person so I presume the fact that I was hoping to assist an elderly neighbour rather than fix my own bonnet explains the info being withheld. The fact that I was explicitly honest worked against me. That's not unusual in life.
Fortunately for my neighbour the info was immediately forthcoming from the other sources that I queried online so the task is now remedied.

Gosh, I've been exceptionally polite!

If only one could claim a partial refund of ones misspent tenner. hey ho. Bye
"Unfortunately" the Rules are the Rules.... Without exception.... The 'How to for Bonnet Opening"' on these forums are restricted to actual members' problems with the bonnet opening and are expressly restricted to those members who request such information. (This does not include the promulgation of such information to non-members).

Polite you have been As I have, and I have only expressed the Club's stance on the issue.

You have issues with subscribing for a Tenner, with all that the Club offers. Are you indicating that you wish your membership to be terminated ?

But you are correct, there is no mechanism for a partial refund. It is indeed your choice to leave or stay. However the Club will be open to you at any time in the future to continue to post and participate

The rules as they stand, currently, are the rules, whether applicable to all situations or not. They are what we all have to abide with...

In no way have I categorised you as an "unscrupulous person"... Not by a long shot All Subscribed members have shown their dedication to the marque be subscribing, and therefore accept the Rules and aspirations of the Club

Andrew
Ich Dien

Last edited by Dragrad; 24th September 2011 at 01:52.. Reason: typo...
Old 24th September 2011, 18:39   #127
geesmith
Regular poster

Rover 75 '03 Connoisseur CDT Auto Saloon prescription windscreen model

Thank you for your polite reply.

I'm relieved to note that I wasn't being charged with being unscrupulous.

I believe it would have been unscrupulous to pretend that it was my bonnet that was jammed but it appears that false claim would have been answered by a PM.

I'm quite happy to allow my paid subscription to expire at it's own natural rate, thank you.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:54   #128
tahoku

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 CLUB SE Turbo 2002

Unhappy Bonnet Release broken !!

Can anyone help please?? I've not long had my 2002 75 1.8t & today following the great how to's on here I've replaced the IMG. I then took the car for a run to test it & when I got back went to pop the bonnet open but the latch hasn't sprung up from the front grill.

Could anyone advise me how to resolve this please? Cheers.
tahoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 14:55   #129
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

pm sent.....
Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2011, 14:56   #130
sherodub
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Connie SE

Welcome to the forum mate, please send a pm to the mods. I can't post solution on open forum.

Best of Luck.