Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th May 2016, 20:16   #1
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts
Default May Photo Challenge

Been thinking about this, and, subject to Astraus agreement, I'll suggest a theme for this month of "Ancient & Modern" i.e. your car photographed with some sort of old building or structure\machine.

The idea is to show your car juxtaposed with something from times long past - your car parked in the middle of Stone Henge would be an extreme (and probably illegal!) example.

Unless Astraeus has any ideas, I'll set this as this months challenge.

Normal rules - photo must be themed as above, include a qualifying club car (i.e. a ZT or 75), and follow the rules as below:
  • Photo to be taken within the time of the challenge.
  • Minimal photoshopping allowed, colour enhance, saturation levels, blur, sharpen etc, but no object addition or removal.
  • Only one entry per member, so pick your best.
  • Winner picks the next subject

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 20:47   #2
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Me sitting in my car should qualify.

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2016, 20:51   #3
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Very quick! :-)

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2016, 15:49   #4
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2016, 15:57   #5
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Rover 75 outside Foredown Tower, at Brighton's Portslade!

What do you think of these two...these were taken outside Portslade (brighton), Foredown Tower, A bit of info about it below....

Foredown Tower is a former water tower in Portslade, in the city of Brighton and Hove, England, that now contains one of only two operational camera obscuras in southeast England.[1]

Built in 1909 as a water tower for Foredown Hospital, an isolation sanatorium for patients with infectious diseases, the structure was left standing when the hospital was demolished in 1988–89. After the installation of the camera obscura, which is located in a cupola at the top of the tower and projects images of the surrounding area onto a dish below, it was opened to the public in 1991.[2]

The structure was operated as the Foredown Tower Countryside Centre by Brighton & Hove City Council's Museums & Libraries department until 2008, when the Conservative council decided it was "not economically viable as a visitor attraction".[3] The council announced that the tower would be leased to the local Hove and Adur Sea Cadets for use as a base, with the intention that access to the camera obscura would be preserved.[4]

Despite these changes, the tower served as the meeting place of the Foredown Tower Astronomers,[5] an astronomical society that conducted classes and demonstrations at the site, using the camera obscura to observe the sky both by day and night, until January 2010.

The local council then investigated potential links with community organisations,[6] and in September 2011 it was announced that the tower would be used as an adult learning and visitor centre under the administration of Portslade Learning Community CIC[7] (now the Portslade Adult Learning CIC), which initially opened the tower sporadically for special events and short courses.[8] In June 2012, the Foredown Tower Learning and Visitor Centre was reopened to the general public, with demonstrations of the camera obscura scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays and the last Saturday of the month.[8]

(Cut from the Wiki page! @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foredown_Tower)

I know this is for only one but i'm not sure which one is the best!'Maybe someone can help me?

These were lightly edited in photoshop and taken on a Zenit 12s (fotosniper), which is a russian made 35mm camera with a Helios 44m 58mm fixed focal lens (comes also with 300mm tele tare lens and rifle mount!),this was then scanned into the computer. I used Fujifilm Superia X-tra 36 shot 35mm film and had a Iso setting of 400 iso, lens setting of f8 and 1/250th sec shutter speed. Still not as sharp as the photo printed, but still really good in my eyes!

Last edited by maxxpump; 7th May 2016 at 15:59..
maxxpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2016, 16:42   #6
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Out side one of the many Flint stone churches in Norfolk.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2016, 22:49   #7
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

The building is Redford Infantry Barracks in Colinton, Edinburgh. Interesting story behind the building is that it was supposed to have been built in India. The plans for the 2 buildings got mixed up, and the building for Edinburgh ended up being built in India, and vice versa. It's a category B listed building.
Old 8th May 2016, 14:30   #8
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Photo!

Reference to this subject, I Had asked Sister Dawn to stand by the Wedge Wood
While I Took a picture, I kid you not I have never heard language and threats like it, I was truly glabber fasted,
Rev Jules.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 19:31   #9
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I know we have already had one " Church " round but came across this one over the weekend in Shropshire which was built in 1406 over 600 years ago and certainly qualifies as " old " so just has to be worth a mention and is my entry for this month !

Its located in a small village called Melverley and is a rare example of early British churches constructed of timber, wattle and daub. The white sections are narrower than the timbers, this is a sign of an early timber construction. The entire structure is pegged together throughout, not one nail being used and the timber is local Melverley oak.

The pulpit is also Jacobean, with interesting carving worthy of close inspection. The lectern holds a chain Bible dating from 1727. Bibles were chained in those days because, as reading became more universal, there was a danger the Bible might be borrowed and not returned. The font is almost certainly Saxon, a survival from the original pre-1401 church. Baptisms have been taking place at this font for 1000 years. The font cover dates from 1718. The pews date from the early 1700s, but with some copies added later.

A narrow turning staircase is used to reach the gallery. The gallery is sloping, but this is not due to subsidence. Rather it is the result of the way in which the massive piece of oak, on which the gallery is built, settled when originally put in place. Two yew trees in the churchyard are estimated to be between 380 and 450 years old, so were planted many years after the church was built. A third yew has been planted in the new churchyard as part of the Millennium Commemorations. This is a cutting from the Old Enton Yews in Surrey, which are estimated to be 2000 years old.

Picture of my car and the Church first in accordance with the competition and then some more of the church and surrounding area including the River Vyrnwy which runs past the church.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2016, 19:37   #10
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

What a great place !!

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote