Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th April 2017, 10:45   #1
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts
Default BT Broadband and calls

Anyone with this package have a massive increase on their latest April to May bill? I know they have increased charges so that will mean a little difference from last month to this next month??
Ken.
Old 20th April 2017, 18:45   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Nothing would surprise me about BT - lied to me and based on their most recent fine and compensation bill - they still cannot be termed trustworthy.

Personally I would not touch BT with a proverbial barge pole.
Old 20th April 2017, 18:54   #3
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Anyone with this package have a massive increase on their latest April to May bill? I know they have increased charges so that will mean a little difference from last month to this next month??
Ken.
Have a good look at the detailed breakdown on your bill.

Alternatively, why not give BT a call?

The agent will be able to explain the reason for any increases.

p.s. if you look at announcements in the press, the totality of the April 2017 price increases should be no more than a £few per month - say circa 5%.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...pril-2017.html

For anyone interested in the reality of how our service providers compare for service e.g. customer satisfaction, reason for complaint etc. the latest (April 2017) publication from Ofcom about service levels in 2016 should be considered the authoritative independent document (pages 7 to 9 refer). The reality is not what many would assume based on a few recent comments on this forum!

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/asse...y-overview.pdf

Last edited by MSS; 20th April 2017 at 20:00..
Old 20th April 2017, 21:50   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I've been unable to login to MyBT for I reckon two years.

As our bill is now what I would call excessive I attempted for the umpteenth time to login but even with trying to change my password still no joy.

Well several telephone calls later, one. Lasting over 90 minutes BT cannot tell me why I cannot login. It's now been passed up the line for further investigation.

This morning I attempted to login to my e mail (BT) but it now says I have attempted too many times and the account has been suspended.

Yet another telephone call and now they say there may be a fault on the line so an engineer is calling out tommorow. They have the cheek to say if any fault lies within my house they will bill me with if I recall around £120

I can't see how a suspected line fault prevents me from logging into MyBT

Anyway when I do eventually see my account and what I'm being charged for I will be trimming it down considerably. I'm currently paying around £80 per month for telephone, broadband and BT Vision.
Old 20th April 2017, 22:44   #5
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I am currently with BT (broadband + phone), my last bill jumped by about 25%, so as my contract is due to end in 4 weeks I will be moving, probably to Plus Net, as they appear to have a good deal on at the moment - in ends in a few days, but after contacting them, as long as I sign up within before Monday they will delay implementation until the 26th May.
I also pay my line rental in advance.
Therefore my new deal, with Broadband up to 38mb, and unlimited calls, and paying 12 months line rental in advance, will be £16/month.
Oh, and £50 CASHBACK !!
Contacted BT yesterday to see if they could improve on their current offering - would not move, no tell a lie, they could reduce it by £1/month.
So it's Bye Bye BT.
Old 20th April 2017, 23:21   #6
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I have checked my Email from BT and found my bill has jumped £20 a month I cant make sense of it so it looks like a prolonged call to India or where ever else there call centre is these days.

A couple of years ago I came home to find a very large yellow sign had been attached to the telegraph pole in my garden, nobody asked permission ect ect. I was on the phone and of course the person in India had no idea what I was talking about, probably not on there crib sheet. As I was getting nowhere I said you must take it down or I will saw the pole down, I was told I could not do that and within 2 mins I had a call from somebody in the UK ( funny that) Anyway I explained what had happened and if they did not remove it I would remove there pole from my garden with a chainsaw. I was told it would be put on the list, when I told them they had an hour or my chainsaw was coming out funny enough I had an engineer at the house within 20 mins. I have since had a letter or apology as apparently the person who put it up should have asked permission.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:49   #7
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

It seemed that I was on a discount that I had forgot about, I had no reminder that my account was to revert and along with their annual charges it had risen by £30.49.
I were given a free phone number to call from live chat, to my surprise it were an English speaking chap. We talked over what the increase were and with him looking for further discounts available my bill was actually reduced to about £3 a month less than it had been for the past 8 months with a new 18 month contract....it pays to keep a watch on BT and check them out for new deals.
Ken.
Old 21st April 2017, 05:59   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
It seemed that I was on a discount that I had forgot about, I had no reminder that my account was to revert and along with their annual charges it had risen by £30.49.
I were given a free phone number to call from live chat, to my surprise it were an English speaking chap. We talked over what the increase were and with him looking for further discounts available my bill was actually reduced to about £3 a month less than it had been for the past 8 months with a new 18 month contract....it pays to keep a watch on BT and check them out for new deals.
Ken.
Thanks for the feedback Ken. In my experience, a few minutes of resonable and calm contact with a company, regradless of which company, always sorts out the mysteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post

This morning I attempted to login to my e mail (BT) but it now says I have attempted too many times and the account has been suspended.

When I log into MyBT, I use my email address and password. It's a bit like all the google services.

So, based on what I have experienced with other companies, if a person tries to access MyBT too many times with the incorrect password, I would expect access on all the tied services to be locked .

Have you tried resetting your MyBT password and then using the same to log into your email?

Last edited by MSS; 21st April 2017 at 06:10..
Old 21st April 2017, 06:07   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

The posts above are sadly typical.

And Ken - their discounts only really bring their costs into line with other providers. And just as happened to you, they take off the discount with no warning hoping that people just let it happen.
Old 21st April 2017, 06:13   #10
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
The posts above are sadly typical.

And Ken - their discounts only really bring their costs into line with other providers. And just as happened to you, they take off the discount with no warning hoping that people just let it happen.
You are probably correct on that, however I have been with BT since penny dial up 18 years back and have 99.9% of the time been quite happy.
Ken.
Closed Thread