Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th February 2014, 06:10   #21
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

Also for the church to condemn being gay in Russia and saying they are peadofile is rediculous
Triumph Street Triple R
scorpio stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 06:11   #22
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts
Default Prejudice.

Takes many forms. Whatever form it takes it needs to be addressed with a balanced and patient mindset. Not really any excuses for it in todays informed world. I know it starts with "small comments" and little "jokes" and believe me it soon snowballs into something bigger. Oh, and typically when one complains, one is seen as "sensitive" and mocked for that too. Sound familiar?

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 06:28   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Don't come to Uganda as you will be put into prison for up to 15 years for being openly or secretly gay. People can also be imprisoned for harbouring or associating themselves with gay men or women. Homosexuality is illegal - a criminal offence and it is the same in Kenya, although the authorities here are more relaxed about it. A man from the UK was last month arrested for possessing an adult gay movie and was deported from Uganda. The government in Uganda has been under pressure to impose the death penalty for homosexuality from various political and religious groups. As a result of this, Richard Branson published a statement a few months ago saying that Virgin would no longer have any more business dealings with countries who operated these draconian laws. All that these laws do, is to drive people underground and make them live their lives feeling persecuted, when they should be enjoying themselves like any Tom, Rich or Harry
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 06:36   #24
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

If you're Gay, just be glad you don't live in a Muslim Country!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 07:15   #25
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I still can't figure the winter Olympics going there tbh..The only possible reason can be money by the way of bribes..and as far as I know Russia still haven't guaranteed the safety of gay competitors nor have they guaranteed not to arrest them IF they display openly gay behavior even within the village where there are no spectators/public somewhere where they are supposed to be able to relax and be themselves.

However, In the past individual athletes have voiced concerns which sometimes lead to countries or individual athletes not going..

To me, who I am and what I believe in is far more important than what I do, if I were gay and picked I would not be going, four years training or no four years training..

I do not expect a pleasant games tbh, but no doubt we won't hear anything until they are back home.

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..

Last edited by whitevanman; 6th February 2014 at 09:24..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 08:38   #26
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

I am part of the "older generation" what people do behind closed doors is no concern to me, but, I must admit that the thought of one man putting his you know what into the behind of another man for pleasure takes some getting used to.
Hopefully there will come a time when this is not a topic of conversation and let all people get on with their lives.
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 08:45   #27
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

A persons sexuality is not an excuse and does not give someone the right to treat that person differently. It certainly does not give them the right to assault be it verbally or physically. It is not an excuse to murder or maim !
If certain backward countries want to make it either illegal/immoral then that is their decision but they are are in the minority and need to drag themselves into this century.
Triumph Street Triple R
Old 6th February 2014, 08:48   #28
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

And thundercat I appreciate you have your own thoughts but it's quite narrow minded to put the comment you did. A relationship is so much more as I hope you've experienced. Sex is a part of a relationship but not all of it. It's much much more than that.
Triumph Street Triple R
Old 6th February 2014, 08:57   #29
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio stu View Post
And thundercat I appreciate you have your own thoughts but it's quite narrow minded to put the comment you did. A relationship is so much more as I hope you've experienced. Sex is a part of a relationship but not all of it. It's much much more than that.
And in some instances like that of my dear departed uncle and his partner, sex isn't part of the equation at all and it's the company and the feeling of belonging that matter..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2014, 09:17   #30
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I have friends who are gay,they are no different to my other friends,at my bowls club there are gay members and no one persecute them they are accepted as normal members and why not.

Its not for me to decide or judge them,they live their lives the way thay want to,and not how others think they should.

A friend of mine has a gay daughter,I went to her wedding last year(civil partnership)it was a great day out and my wife and I made new friends,we met many gay people there and had a great day out in good company so why is it such a big deal.

Live and let live

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote